Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petalino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
My brand new Apple TV which I purchased today seems to be on steroids.
The lady hidden inside the box is a very fast talker..... sounding almost like a cartoon character.

Also, playing the content from my Ipad onto my TV screen only occupies about 3/4 of the TV screen. Any thoughts how I can make it grow in size to fill the entire TV screen?

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

JGRE

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Dutch Mountains
My thoughts exactly

----------

My Apple TV sounds like a speeded up tape.

Just its own native voice confirming remote commands, and not the sound of videos or TV programming.

It is the voice over, which can be set to slow, normal and fast via de accessibility option in the main menu.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
playing the content from my Ipad onto my TV screen only occupies about 3/4 of the TV screen. Any thoughts how I can make it grow in size to fill the entire TV screen?

AirPlay Mirroring doesn't fill the screen, you'll have pretty good borders left & right side due to the different aspect ratios (12:9 iPad and 16:9 television). However if you play a video and do a normal AirPlay from within the app (not mirroring), it will be full screen assuming the original video content is 16:9.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.