Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vd0t

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Hi,

I tried Splashtop Remote Desktop app for the iPad but I've been having some problems with the sound. It's pretty fluid but the sound doesn't seem to work. Otherwise, it's ok. The graphics are not that crisp but it's more responsive than other VNC apps I've tried.

Are there any other remote desktop apps out there that transfers sound to the iPad? I've seen some for Windows but not Mac. I would love to be able to watch movies and such using this kind of app! Retina display support would be a bonus!

Thanks!

vd0t

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Yea I have. I've tried re-installing it and everything as well. But still not working. I even contacted their support. Perhaps it's incompatible with iPad 3. I'm not sure.

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
You don't need Splashtop to stream movies there are many apps on the appstore that can stream your media like StreamtoMe.

Between SplashTop and Logmein I prefer logmein mainly because of the mouse option oppose to splashtop they just make more sense but I'm also grandfathered into logmein's old app Ignition which gives me sound and HD quality option that normal logmein users have to pay for so.

vd0t

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the trial version of Logmein Pro and it works very well. No hassle! But it's quite expensive at $70 per year...

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the trial version of Logmein Pro and it works very well. No hassle! But it's quite expensive at $70 per year...

For that much you might as well buy the Ignition App for $99. A one time payment to always have Pro. But way too much compared to Splashtop.

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
Sound works like a champ for me with Splashtop on iPad 2.

I recommend you wait for an update for retina display and see if that fixes the audio too. You might try faster internet as well.

dnyc

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2011
ipad 3 with splashtop hd for me works for both video and sound.. when watching media i changed from sharp to smooth. and videos are fine with audio.

vd0t

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
I'm not sure what I did but suddenly sound is transmitting! This is after I installed LogMeIn so might have something to do with that. Now that it's working, Splashtop is definitely a good alternative to LogMeIn (and very cheap in comparison). Perhaps not as polished though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.