Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tdmd

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
Anyone having a problem charging the iPhone 5 via USB connection on computer. I just noticed that my phone is no longer charging, but charges fine when plugged into the wall with the same lightning cable.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Anyone having a problem charging the iPhone 5 via USB connection on computer. I just noticed that my phone is no longer charging, but charges fine when plugged into the wall with the same lightning cable.

That happened to my 4S recently, but it charged on one of the two USB ports, the other one it didn't charge.

travis.hansen

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012

If you are running a PC make sure the device drivers have installed properly. Hit the windows start menu and type in "drivers" into the search box then select "update device drivers" then scroll down to the bottom of and select "universal serial bus drivers" when you plug in your device you should see "apple mobile device USB" either reinstall or install it depending on whether or not it's there.

Once it's installed properly it will charge just fine connected to your computer

tdmd

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
It was working before I updated to 6.0.1. Device drivers are fine.

travis.hansen

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
It was working before I updated to 6.0.1. Device drivers are fine.

I'm still running 6.0 so I'm not sure if mine would charge on 6.0.1. Have you googled it to find out if this is a common issue? Maybe it's time to schedule an appointment with the genius bar... except they may just tell you it's because you are using a PC and try to convince you that you need a Mac.

tdmd

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
Travis, I took another look at the device drivers and you were right. Exclamation mark on apple USB device...upgraded drivers, working again. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.