Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vowell1055

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
Is there an app out there that will allow you to use your iPhone's mic to broadcast live signal through AirPlay speakers? We have parties and gatherings at the house and I'd love to be able to use my iPhone for public address through my AirPlay enabled outside speakers. It seems like a simple enough app, so I'm surprised someone hasn't done it yet, though I'm not familiar with the limitations put on AirPlay in the SDK. So, if there's an app out there that does this, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks a bunch!

res1233

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Is there an app out there that will allow you to use your iPhone's mic to broadcast live signal through AirPlay speakers? We have parties and gatherings at the house and I'd love to be able to use my iPhone for public address through my AirPlay enabled outside speakers. It seems like a simple enough app, so I'm surprised someone hasn't done it yet, though I'm not familiar with the limitations put on AirPlay in the SDK. So, if there's an app out there that does this, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks a bunch!

To my knowledge, this is indeed possible, although I know of no apps that do this. This does seem like an obvious feature however, so I'm sure it'll pop up eventually.

After a quick check, it seems that most of the megaphone/loudspeaker/PA system apps rely on plugging the system directly into the iPhone. That's one method if you're willing to lose the mobility.

Last edited:

Pocketsidewalk

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
I'm looking for the same thing.

It would be nice to be able to use your iPhone as microphone to make announcements over speakers connected via AirPlay.

Even better would be the ability to temporarily interrupt music that was playing in order to make the announcement. Then, after making the announcement, the music would continue playing.

+1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.