Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:44 AM   #1
mauriciom4b
macrumors newbie

Apple ID Password Retrieval

Hi Guys, this is an interesting story....

I created my Apple ID a few years ago. Using my iphone, ipad, mac and everything else with it. Just fine and dandy. Made a bucked load of purchases in these few years. Apps, songs and etc.

3 days ago, I trully don't know what happened, I couldn't get the password for icloud web email (icloud.com) right. I tried everything. Of course, i had to go to iForgot, so I could retrieve my password.

Here is the problem.

A few months ago, I wanted, like most people, change my apple id from that ugly gmail address as user name, and use my cool @me email as the Apple ID. Of course, apple doesn't allow you to do that so, just to use it, i chose my @me to be my secondary verification email.

Now, at iForgot, when I ask to send me an email to reset the password, I'm pretty sure it is sending an email to my secondary email, which is the @me email that I can't access because I don't remember my iCloud password in the first place!! - This is ABSURD!

Secondly, the security questions... My God... God only knows when I created these and chose my "dream job" three years ago... To sum up, I can't get my password reseted if my life depended on it!!!!

But actually, my life does! I have so many important emails on my @me email and contacts, backups and everything on that apple ID. I've tried so many times to reset the password, I'm in the 3rd day in a row locked for 8 hours (apple's security measures) from trying to work this out!

Can anybody help me with this? How come there's no number I can call to verify myself! I'm dying over here.....
mauriciom4b is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:33 AM   #2
phr0ze
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauriciom4b View Post
Hi Guys, this is an interesting story....

I created my Apple ID a few years ago. Using my iphone, ipad, mac and everything else with it. Just fine and dandy. Made a bucked load of purchases in these few years. Apps, songs and etc.

3 days ago, I trully don't know what happened, I couldn't get the password for icloud web email (icloud.com) right. I tried everything. Of course, i had to go to iForgot, so I could retrieve my password.

Here is the problem.

A few months ago, I wanted, like most people, change my apple id from that ugly gmail address as user name, and use my cool @me email as the Apple ID. Of course, apple doesn't allow you to do that so, just to use it, i chose my @me to be my secondary verification email.

Now, at iForgot, when I ask to send me an email to reset the password, I'm pretty sure it is sending an email to my secondary email, which is the @me email that I can't access because I don't remember my iCloud password in the first place!! - This is ABSURD!

Secondly, the security questions... My God... God only knows when I created these and chose my "dream job" three years ago... To sum up, I can't get my password reseted if my life depended on it!!!!

But actually, my life does! I have so many important emails on my @me email and contacts, backups and everything on that apple ID. I've tried so many times to reset the password, I'm in the 3rd day in a row locked for 8 hours (apple's security measures) from trying to work this out!

Can anybody help me with this? How come there's no number I can call to verify myself! I'm dying over here.....
I went through this too.

If you go to apples support site there is a phone number you can call. They will ask you to answer any 2 of your 3 security questions. It appears lenient and non case sensitive. (its case sensitive on the password reset site.) They usually also allow you to just validate the credit card.

If there is no credit card but you still have some way to get to the account on your device, add a credit card through your iDevice, then give them a call.

Good luck.
Black iPhone 5S 32GB ATT
phr0ze is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:21 PM   #3
mauriciom4b
macrumors newbie

Tried to find this phone number...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr0ze View Post
I went through this too.

If you go to apples support site there is a phone number you can call. They will ask you to answer any 2 of your 3 security questions. It appears lenient and non case sensitive. (its case sensitive on the password reset site.) They usually also allow you to just validate the credit card.

If there is no credit card but you still have some way to get to the account on your device, add a credit card through your iDevice, then give them a call.

Good luck.
Do you have the number you are talking about? I can't seem to find it. I so upset.....

Last edited by mauriciom4b; Dec 20, 2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Wrote on the wrong part of the thread
mauriciom4b is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 09:03 AM   #4
phr0ze
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauriciom4b View Post
Do you have the number you are talking about? I can't seem to find it. I so upset.....
You have to go through this to call.

https://expresslane.apple.com/Issues.action

Choose itunes store support, account management, forgot password. Eventually you'll get to a point where you can talk to someone.
Black iPhone 5S 32GB ATT
phr0ze is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services