Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TomT321

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
I am trying to buy my wife a Mac laptop (my personal choice) so that she can play the games on facebook. I just recieved a G3 I-book that I bought off Ebay only to find out that OS-X 6 (Tiger) will not support the games. How new do I need to go ? This will only be used for facebook games Candy Crush etc. and does not need to perform any other functions per se.:confused:
Thanks

TomT321

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
Any ideas

So far no one seems to have been able to answer my original question so now I hope that someone can tell me if the follow specs would work to play games on face book IBOOK G4 A1054 LAPTOP 1.33GHz 1GB 40GB. This laptop is running Leopard.

Thanks

Last edited:

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Why won't they work on the G3? It's simply too slow to be playable? A newer version of Flash is required? Without details I don't see how anyone can help you.

TomT321

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
Unable to download flashplayer. Thinking now I'm better off going a cheap PC with falshplayer already installed.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Unable? Why? There is no version for PPC based Macs anymore? If that's the case then the answer would be you need an Intel based Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.