Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
By sitting on your hands and not giving any updates on production, you have driven the stock price down to around $525 and probably heading further south. Why don't you try and act like a leader and make a statement about what is going on with the Imac and other products? You can even have someone write it for you and read it over a teleprompter.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
By sitting on your hands and not giving any updates on production, you have driven the stock price down to around $525 and probably heading further south. Why don't you try and act like a leader and make a statement about what is going on with the Imac and other products? You can even have someone write it for you and read it over a teleprompter.

1) If all you really want to do is vent about the rumors about the delay with the 2012 iMac, I suggest that you seek professional help instead of starting a thread complaining about Apple's CEO.

2) Complaining in the iMac forum in MacRumors really won't get anywhere. If you have an issue with Tim Cook, I suggest you get a hold of him directly, tcook@apple.com.

3) There are plenty of reasons outside of Apple as to why the stock price is where it is. One of them, and probably the biggest reason, is overall market conditions. If you haven't noticed that shares of pretty much EVERY publicly traded company has taken a hit the past few weeks because of the so-called "fiscal cliff". In fact, AAPL is trading along in-line with how the Dow is moving.

4) No one on here cares about your issues with Apple and my reply is one out of pity.

aquaboy

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2011
UK
So far it's only a rumour, the clue is in the forum's name.
Until the apple store changes it's 'available in...' statement, why should we believe any rumours?

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
It says "coming soon" on the website. That's enough to know for now. At least you know its coming.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK

Attachments

• Soon.PNG
    Soon.PNG
    228 KB · Views: 82

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Nah, it says "Coming Soon". :)

No, it says available November/December if you go to the store.

What amazes me, delay or not, is that Apple have totally pulled the iMac for the interim! So, if you want one, you CAN'T BUY ONE!!

Such an odd decision!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-16 at 09.50.36.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-16 at 09.50.36.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
No, it says available November/December if you go to the store.

What amazes me, delay or not, is that Apple have totally pulled the iMac for the interim! So, if you want one, you CAN'T BUY ONE!!

Such an odd decision!

Ahh ok. Thanks for the post :)

JustMartin

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2012
UK
Do I smell an 'investor' who bought at an all time high without realising that stock prices can go down as well as up?

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009
Forbes magazine back in April was recommending readers buy at $580 and stated that the target share price was $1000. Have the fundamentals of the company changed that much in a bit over 6 months?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darcytravlos/2012/04/17/apple-at-580-christmas-in-april/

What do you guys think? Wait a few more weeks to reap further falls and then buy or buy now at $525?

There is a general negative trend for the stocks ( fiscal cliff, Greece, recession worries, ...) so I think it'll go down before it goes up
And it will only go up (significantly) on stellar earnings for this quarter
So if the holiday quarter will be good, it'll go up, if not expect an even larger drop.

I'm just guessing off course, but I have a feeling that iPhone sales are going to disappoint. I'm not sure about iPad.

Long term, apple will need to bring a new product to the table, as their growth in iPad/iPhone is decreasing and I believe their market share will go down thus decrease in stocks

but again, I'm just guessing here ... :)

borostef

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
1) If all you really want to do is vent about the rumors about the delay with the 2012 iMac, I suggest that you seek professional help instead of starting a thread complaining about Apple's CEO.

2) Complaining in the iMac forum in MacRumors really won't get anywhere. If you have an issue with Tim Cook, I suggest you get a hold of him directly, tcook@apple.com.

3) There are plenty of reasons outside of Apple as to why the stock price is where it is. One of them, and probably the biggest reason, is overall market conditions. If you haven't noticed that shares of pretty much EVERY publicly traded company has taken a hit the past few weeks because of the so-called "fiscal cliff". In fact, AAPL is trading along in-line with how the Dow is moving.

4) No one on here cares about your issues with Apple and my reply is one out of pity.

I also don't like to complain too much, but I also don't like people that talk to people in a patronizing way... If the thread starter felt the need to vent a little and make some points on an OPEN forum that is his right...
I also think that some of the decisions of the current Apple leadership are wrong, but, hey, I can't do anything about that...
And on your fourth point, I would like to add: I care!

squan

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2006
Remember a month ago where there wasn't even an new iMac? "Coming Soon" back then would've been the best thing ever. Now it's the worst for some people, even though it's the same news. People have a big tendency to focus on what they don't have, instead of what they do. And a "Coming Soon" is a pretty good thing to have, 'cause that means... it'll come soon.

Just sit tight, and do something useful while waiting.

obsoletepower

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2006
Toronto, Canada
Gulp. What issues?

Screen randomly going black for a few seconds, a few times in the span of an entire day and HDD clicking noises. A friend of mine went through 4 Mac Minis before giving up on them completely and going with a MacBook Pro. Take a look in the Apple Support forums for the new Minis.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ

If he wants to guide the company by the daily movement of the stock price, he's not leading at all. He's catering to the fund managers who want to make their quick buck and sell.. and ultimately that behavior would lead to the failure of the company.

That so many people can own part of a company without giving a rat's behind about its long term success is one of the more unusual quirks of our economy. A true leader needs to learn to ignore them.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
Screen randomly going black for a few seconds, a few times in the span of an entire day and HDD clicking noises. A friend of mine went through 4 Mac Minis before giving up on them completely and going with a MacBook Pro. Take a look in the Apple Support forums for the new Minis.

I was considering just getting a mini and a 27" display until I read all of the complaints in addition to the H4000 not being able to smoothly run 2 external displays

REALLY hope that after all this waiting for the iMac we don't end up seeing a bunch of QC issues :(

mazakii

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012

AAPL, in general, outperformed the main index, specially in recent years.
People said things like 'AAPL never falls' in a year ago, because it went up and up, even against the whole bearish global market. Only until the recent months performance has proven that AAPL is no one special in the stock market.
'So it could go down as well' is what worries investors.
Plus, the downward chart in recent months is very steep. It signals something wrong.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
I also don't like to complain too much, but I also don't like people that talk to people in a patronizing way... If the thread starter felt the need to vent a little and make some points on an OPEN forum that is his right...
I also think that some of the decisions of the current Apple leadership are wrong, but, hey, I can't do anything about that...
And on your fourth point, I would like to add: I care!

I'll patronize and condescend all I want. As you pointed out, it is an OPEN forum by the way. So if you think anyone can vent all they want, even in a section of the forum they shouldn't be venting in, I have the right to call them out on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.