Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 8, 2012, 09:02 PM   #1
xelaetaks
macrumors member

Anyone's ipad 3 been glitchy recently?

Not sure what it is but my iPad has been acting very weird in the past few weeks. It randomly goes slow sometimes and I also have to exit Safari when web pages don't load and it seems to work again after restarting it.

I have had iPad's since the first one so I know how they work and the iPad 3 has starting doing this in the last few weeks. I also have restarted it and drained the iPad's battery and charged it fully, none of that really makes a difference. It just seems to glitch randomly and it seems fairly often now.

It sometimes even glitches in such a way that the whole iPad freezes for a minute and the home button doesn't even do anything.

Last edited by xelaetaks; Nov 8, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
xelaetaks is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:30 AM   #2
anubis1980
macrumors member

When i had the 3 it used to go slow sometimes since upgrading to ios 6. the 4 also does this as well. It didn't freeze though. Might be a pain, but a restore might help? (it didn't fix the slowness issue for me but might fix the freezing)
anubis1980 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:40 AM   #3
Dstopsie
macrumors 6502

I had that problem with my ipad 3 and I had not even upgraded to iOS 6.0

Sold my iPad 3, bought the 4 and haven't had any issues so far. My wifi is as fast as can be and never hangs loading web pages.
Dstopsie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:42 AM   #4
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

before the update (6.0.1) when watching videos if I press the home button the sound of the video used to keep playing and you couldn't get rid of it.

Its fine now though. Weird

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 06:44 AM   #5
SouthsideJohnny
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelaetaks View Post
Not sure what it is but my iPad has been acting very weird in the past few weeks. It randomly goes slow sometimes and I also have to exit Safari when web pages don't load and it seems to work again after restarting it.

I have had iPad's since the first one so I know how they work and the iPad 3 has starting doing this in the last few weeks. I also have restarted it and drained the iPad's battery and charged it fully, none of that really makes a difference. It just seems to glitch randomly and it seems fairly often now.

It sometimes even glitches in such a way that the whole iPad freezes for a minute and the home button doesn't even do anything.
Yes. All of that, and occasionally it doesn't shut itself off -- display dims but stays on and battery runs down.
SouthsideJohnny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:23 AM   #6
Mrg02d
Banned

Mine randomly loses its WIFI connection and facetime is buggy now. The WIFI issue was pre-iOS6. The facetime not connecting is post-iOS6.

iOS6 actually made my iPad3 snappier. Safari is much faster now. Im afraid to ask for a new iPad as this one has a good screen.

Matt
Mrg02d is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 08:25 AM   #7
DollaTwentyFive
macrumors Demi-God

My home button decided to stop working today. Have to make a trip to the Apple store this afternoon.
DollaTwentyFive is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:10 PM   #8
Mac... nificent
macrumors regular

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollaTwentyFive View Post
My home button decided to stop working today. Have to make a trip to the Apple store this afternoon.
What did they tell you the problem was?
Mac... nificent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:38 PM   #9
DollaTwentyFive
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac... nificent View Post
What did they tell you the problem was?
That one out of every x number of home buttons will experience a failure. So they replaced it under warranty. Great service as usual.
DollaTwentyFive is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad