Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaBossIsHere

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Should I upgrade to the iPhone 5 from my S2?

My only concern will be the screen size which is 0.3" smaller then what I am used to. Will it make that much of a difference? Thanks :)

Last edited:

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
If you want to switch, I suggest erasing the SII's screen (and any other larger screened phone) from your memory. If you look at the screen, and immediately pick up an iPhone, you will be thinking "WTF?!??".

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
The big differences you'll notice hardware wise is the much higher quality screen on the 5 as the SGS2 is pretty low res compared to high end phones out today. But appart from that the SGS2 is still a very capable phone and will be getting JellyBean sometime soon which should make it as slick as you like. The other considerations are do you want/need removable storage and are the pros of switching too a new eco system out weighing the cons.

CoMoMacUser

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2012
I have the original EVO. My contract is almost up, so I went to the store to play with the iPhone 5. In terms of size, it was like using my previous phone: the HTC Touch Pro. Too much of a step down. I'll probably go with the S3 or the Note2.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
If you want to switch, I suggest erasing the SII's screen (and any other larger screened phone) from your memory. If you look at the screen, and immediately pick up an iPhone, you will be thinking "WTF?!??".

*calls Leonardo DiCaprio for inception.

----------

Thanks guys. I will find a date and visit the nearest Apple Store! :)

oorrrr just visit an att store/verizon/sprint if there is no apple store near by...most have displays

jrasero

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2011
NYC
Should I upgrade to the iPhone 5 from my S2?

My only concern will be the screen size which is 0.3" smaller then what I am used to. Will it make that much of a difference? Thanks :)

Yes

I came from Galaxy Nexus

the iPhone is 4 times better besides with customization

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.