Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:25 PM   #101
NT1440
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Acorn View Post
Quite frankly, planned parenthood could have continued to offer these services if they weren't so adament about running abortion under the same roof.
Yea, that 3% of their annual budget is really running the ****ing show. Sometimes I feel like you don't actually look at the world Zombie.
NT1440 is online now   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:27 PM   #102
Moyank24
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy206 View Post
If a woman does not want to get pregnant she will take steps to prevent it from happening.
Wow.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT1440 View Post
Yea, that 3% of their annual budget is really running the ****ing show. Sometimes I feel like you don't actually look at the world Zombie.
It's ignorance.

Federal funding DOES NOT pay for abortions and hasn't in decades. And Planned Parenthood has been audited enough to prove that government funding pays for the other 97% of what they do. They are getting penalized because they "support" education and birth control. Period.
Moyank24 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:35 PM   #103
NT1440
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyank24 View Post

It's ignorance.

Federal funding DOES NOT pay for abortions and hasn't in decades. And Planned Parenthood has been audited enough to prove that government funding pays for the other 97% of what they do. They are getting penalized because they "support" education and birth control. Period.
Willful ignorance. It's sad because a good portion of the time Zombie provides a nugget of wisdom I haven't considered, then for some reason the rest is just tired rhetoric that doesn't line up to reality.

Planned Parenthood is the ultimate boogeyman to religious right, which is the only reason they are getting ridden so hard as we witness the death throws of the current Republican party.
NT1440 is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:05 PM   #104
flyguy206
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyank24 View Post
Wow.

----------

It's ignorance.

Please tell me how I'm wrong?
flyguy206 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 02:06 AM   #105
leekohler
Banned

Quote:
I have not heard of an outright subsidizing of birth control in Canada, the prices are comparable here to what they are in the US. The poor may receive free birth control, but I know this is available in the US as well. Quite frankly, planned parenthood could have continued to offer these services if they weren't so adament about running abortion under the same roof.

If you are living on welfare everything you buy is funded by the tax payer including drugs, ciggs, and alcohol that they free up resources for.

Then again it actually pays to not work in this country, remnants of liberal governance. I know a couple people who have been living in Portugal and collecting baby bonus, and tax return refunds for the past two years and haven't had a job for the last five.
But yet, you don't complain about living in Kommunist Kanada.
leekohler is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 06:59 AM   #106
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
Responble women rarely get pregent when they don't want to.

Is that like legitimate sex?
rdowns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 07:08 AM   #107
APlotdevice
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Please tell me how I'm wrong?
For one thing many young women (and men) are ignorant about sex and getting pregnant. Particularly in states that do not offer comprehensive sex ed. They are told by their peers things like jumping up and down after sex, or having sex while standing up, will somehow prevent the sperm from reaching the ova. As a consequence these people are not going to be inclined to *pay* for contraceptives.

Of course not every instance of intercourse will result in a pregnancy. So even people who are educated will often take the risk so as to receive the intense feelings and gratification that sex brings them. Particularly if they can't afford contraceptives.

And if you think their mistake will only burden themselves, please go read my early posts in this thread.

(and this is not even getting into the other, essentially life saving uses of birth control as mentioned by others in this thread)

Last edited by APlotdevice; Dec 8, 2012 at 07:14 AM.
APlotdevice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 08:30 AM   #108
Zombie Acorn
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT1440 View Post
I don't expect people who haven't ran a business to understand this but there is no way to section off a portion of your services in isolation without creating a completely separate company. Funding by the government frees up resources used in abortion services.

Let me just reiterate that I am an atheist with no problem with abortion or birth control.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler View Post
You take the good with the bad. I don't have to agree with everything.
Zombie Acorn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 09:28 AM   #109
NT1440
macrumors G3

Quote:
Funding by the government frees up resources used in abortion services.
Yes. 3% of their resources. 3%
NT1440 is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:00 AM   #110
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler View Post
And I believe that he sought us out.

Quote:
You take the good with the bad. I don't have to agree with everything.
You furriners, and your strange ways.
iJohnHenry is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Tags
abortion, birth control, study