Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JagsFan829

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
Hello!

So I purchased my first MacBook, the 2011 Air, about six months ago. I've been pretty spot-on with my electronics my entire life.. No issues whatsoever. Not with our other laptops, iPad, iPhone's, etc.

Well.. The MacBook took on water on the keyboard in a freak water bottle accident. I was so angry when it happened because I baby'd the thing.. My wife was shocked.

Anyway, when it happened, I flipped the thing over almost instantly, cut it off, dried it out, and left it upside down to dry overnight and most of the next day. I was so angry/depressed/sad when it happened. I don't even remember how much water spilled because it happened so fast. I wouldn't say it was a large amount but I wouldn't say it was very small either.

Next day, I opened it up and cut it on. Hallelujah! It turned on. However, it popped up with a message that one or more USB ports or something were disabled recently. Also, the sound wasn't working.

Well, I did a restart and didn't get the USB message again. I tested both USB ports and they did fine. Turns out the sound was just stuck in headphones mode because I had headphones in when I shut the thing down in a hurry. Plugged headphones in.. Sound did fine.. Took headphones out.. Sound was fine again. These are the only two issues I've noticed. I also ran a hardware test (I think holding D down when restarting.. Read how to do it somewhere online) and everything checked out fine.. If that even means anything.

OK.. So.. Time for the advice! My question is, should I still bring the MacBook to the Apple Store to get it checked out or did some miracle occur and save me? We had set an appt for Weds just incase, but everything seems to be ok since then.

Also, are there any other tests or things I can do to make sure everything is OK and in running order?

Sorry for the long story/post, just trying to be as detailed as possible.

Thank you!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.