Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Apr 7, 2013, 09:19 PM   #376
maxosx
macrumors 68020

One of Apples many high priority goals is to generate headlines. Keeping the public thinking about them as much as possible. It's one of the keys to their success.

This building has only begun to get the attention that Apple expects of it. They're going to milk it for all it's worth. Apple is nothing if not clever. We've only begun to hear all about it.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:22 PM   #377
AidenShaw
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxosx View Post
One of Apples many high priority goals is to generate headlines. Keeping the public thinking about them as much as possible. It's one of the keys to their success.

This building has only begun to get the attention that Apple expects of it. They're going to milk it for all it's worth. Apple is nothing if not clever. We've only begun to hear all about it.
As long as they preach to more than the choir (you know, the people waiting in lines that the Samsung ads poke fun at).

I doubt that many other people will pay much attention to a low office building hidden by trees in a Silicon Valley office park. It's really not that interesting or unique in the grand scheme. It won't be a landmark - because it won't be visible.

And I wonder how the tenants will feel after a while of having to walk hundreds of metres from office to office, instead of tens of metres to and from an elevator like in higher rise buildings of the same floorspace.

Tim - "think different" and start over with a new plan.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 07:11 PM   #378
donniedarko
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to donniedarko
But will my iWatch work better, the new stepchild OSX er, I mean iOS, wait which one is it, work better?

Spain lost its great Armada to a storm and grandiosity, clearly memory fails.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 12:18 AM   #379
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenShaw View Post
As long as they preach to more than the choir (you know, the people waiting in lines that the Samsung ads poke fun at).

I doubt that many other people will pay much attention to a low office building hidden by trees in a Silicon Valley office park. It's really not that interesting or unique in the grand scheme. It won't be a landmark - because it won't be visible.

And I wonder how the tenants will feel after a while of having to walk hundreds of metres from office to office, instead of tens of metres to and from an elevator like in higher rise buildings of the same floorspace.

Tim - "think different" and start over with a new plan.
Excellent points.

2013 may be a long hard road for Apple.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 08:01 PM   #380
APPLENEWBIE
macrumors 6502a

Inspiration

I believe that architecture can inspire, or it can be benign. I prefer inspire. Think of structures that on many levels are "perfect." St. Peter's Basilica, Mr. Eiffel's Tower, Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, the Coliseum (Flavian Amphitheater), the great pyramids, Versailles, the Chrysler Building, and the Brooklyn Bridge.

None of those structures were built for strict utility. All could have been built "cheaper."

But, boy, do they ever inspire. I'm not sure Steve's spaceship is on that level, but the intent was surely to inspire Apple employees to do great things.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 06:59 PM   #381
blouis79
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech198 View Post
ooooohhh..... *eye wide open*

Its a neat spaceship... Pretty it doesn't go anywhere..
Yeah, but they could do a Thunderbirds HQ and have a hidden launchpad in the middle.

It's still feasible they can do something clever enough to get the budget under control, especially since they haven't started building .....
blouis79 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2013, 08:47 PM   #382
AidenShaw
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blouis79 View Post
It's still feasible they can do something clever enough to get the budget under control, especially since they haven't started building .....
You mean like start over with a more practical design?

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion