Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
I have to manually close one by one and that is taking too much time.

On android i'm just sayin' you can close all apps. Pretty nice. What i don't like is sometimes the card multitasking doesn't remember where I left off in an app; most of the time i think it's third party.

iOS is much better at this. iOS also has a native backround youtube player unlike Android. You can get something like pvstar but it sucks. I want the functionality built into youtube which also is crap btw.

Youtube apps is so much better on iPad and iPhone thx to Jasmine and mctube pro. Ironic.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
I have to manually close one by one and that is taking too much time.

...so don't close them.

With only a few exceptions (location services being the big one), apps don't run in the background so there is no benefit to closing them.

----------

On android i'm just sayin' you can close all apps.

iOS does things completely differently than Android. Apps aren't supposed or need to be closed on iOS.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
I don't know the op's need, but there are reasons to want to close idle apps beyond the misperception they're a performance drain.

I like to swipe between apps and use the tray as quick access to relevant apps. A tray filled with idle apps I'm not using gets in the way. I tend to just clean up after myself after most uses and my problem is solved.

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
I don't know the op's need, but there are reasons to want to close idle apps beyond the misperception they're a performance drain.

I like to swipe between apps and use the tray as quick access to relevant apps. A tray filled with idle apps I'm not using gets in the way. I tend to just clean up after myself after most uses and my problem is solved.

They seem to be in the order of most recently used. If you closed all of the apps, they wouldn't be down there, and if you don't they shouldn't be in the way, so the end result should be the same. Apps you are switching between should be easily accessible.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
True but there's still clutter plus you're also failing to appreciate my OCD factor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.