Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jul 30, 2013, 02:11 AM   #1
cduve
macrumors newbie

Can't Connect to ATV from iTunes (Win7 Bootcamp)

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting airplay to work in iTunes. I keep getting error -15000 when I try to connect to an airport express or apple tv. I've also tried airfoil but I can't connect with that either...

I've turned off the windows firewall and it still doesn't work. I have Avast free version installed but it doesn't include a firewall so there shouldn't be anything blocking the connection.

Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks!
cduve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:21 AM   #2
Panch0
macrumors 6502a

try toggling IPv6 on/off (probably on your desktop, maybe on your router - i didn't read the whole thread).

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=45&tstart=0
Panch0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 07:10 AM   #3
cduve
macrumors newbie

Ok so in the process of trying what you suggested I figured out what's actually causing the problem. I connect to a work network through a VPN and when this is connected I can't connect to ATV but when I disconnect from this it works fine...

Any ideas??
Thanks!
cduve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 09:47 AM   #4
Panch0
macrumors 6502a

Depends on your VPN Client and you'll probably get better answers by going to a forum dedicated to that. Most VPN software will have a setting that allows you to specify whether all network traffic is routed through the VPN or only traffic destined for certain domains. It sounds like you currently have everything going through VPN. Your IT department may have specified that you MUST send all traffic through the VPN, so you may not be able to solve this from your end.
Panch0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 03:21 PM   #5
priitv8
macrumors 68000

I've even gone that far, as to try AirPlay over VPN from home network, using "Send all traffic over VPN" option. The net result is this: AirPlay is not routable protocol, thus limited to local link only!
http://www.cultofmac.com/182919/educ...o-fix-bonjour/
priitv8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater