Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atteligibility

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Hey all,

I ordered the 27" and my stuff is supposedly stuck in Anchorage, AK right now, delivery estimate on Monday.

However, I am subscribed to UPS my choice, just received a notification that I will be delivered this Friday between 1:15 and 5:15

woohoo

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
Hey all,

I ordered the 27" and my stuff is supposedly stuck in Anchorage, AK right now, delivery estimate on Monday.

However, I am subscribed to UPS my choice, just received a notification that I will be delivered this Friday between 1:15 and 5:15

woohoo

The UPS hotline told me the same thing a couple of hours ago, "if it clears customs smoothly, it will deliver on Friday". I really hope so, would be great to have it before the weekend!

So with UPS my choice, you obviously get more timely updates then? My tracking screen still shows the same "departed from Anchorage" status, and I never received a text notification after signing up.

atteligibility

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
The UPS hotline told me the same thing a couple of hours ago, "if it clears customs smoothly, it will deliver on Friday". I really hope so, would be great to have it before the weekend!

So with UPS my choice, you obviously get more timely updates then? My tracking screen still shows the same "departed from Anchorage" status, and I never received a text notification after signing up.

UPS my choice usually sends me an email a few minutes after midnight the day before I receive it. So in this case, it is a few minutes after midnight on Thursday, and it tells me about Friday delivery. And yes, the UPS website stills tells me the old Monday estimate, should update in a few hours...

The thing I like about the my choice email is that it tells you a 4 hour window timeframe, so you're not stuck home all day waiting for that delivery guy...

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
UPS my choice usually sends me an email a few minutes after midnight the day before I receive it. So in this case, it is a few minutes after midnight on Thursday, and it tells me about Friday delivery. And yes, the UPS website stills tells me the old Monday estimate, should update in a few hours...

The thing I like about the my choice email is that it tells you a 4 hour window timeframe, so you're not stuck home all day waiting for that delivery guy...

Is mychoice free? If it is and nothing else speaks against it, I guess I'll sign up, since I often get stuff delivered through UPS.

atteligibility

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Is mychoice free? If it is and nothing else speaks against it, I guess I'll sign up, since I often get stuff delivered through UPS.

I am not paying for it, I don't remember how I ended up signing, but this should be free.
It also lets you pick a 2 hour delivery window once you sign in to access the tracking status, never actually tried that.

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Hey all,

woohoo

I have UPS MyChoice. Mine still says Anchorage, AK. Delivery estimate on time Monday Dec 17th between 12:15 and 4:15.:mad:

----------

It is free. But, if you change delivery options it will cost you $5. There's a pay version where you can change options for free.

For instance, I use it for items to be dropped off at the UPS store if I know that I won't be home to sign for them. That way, I can sign and pick up at the local shop.

atteligibility

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
I have UPS MyChoice. Mine still says Anchorage, AK. Delivery estimate on time Monday Dec 17th between 12:15 and 4:15.:mad:

To clarify, the mychoice website and the regular website both tell me Monday delivery.
But I received the email notification saying Friday. The email notification has always been correct on my other deliveries, so I am assuming that the website is just late to update.

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
To clarify, the mychoice website and the regular website both tell me Monday delivery.
But I received the email notification saying Friday. The email notification has always been correct on my other deliveries, so I am assuming that the website is just late to update.
Weird, I only get status updates for day before delivery and again the morning of the delivery. I don't even see any other options. It must be Thursday in your time zone. It is still Wednesday here.

Ak907Freerider

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
Funny seeing all these macs goes through anchorage Alaska . Iam in anchorage and you would be shocked how much companies charge to ship here yet we are a main hub for a lot of shipping

atteligibility

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Weird, I only get status updates for day before delivery and again the morning of the delivery. I don't even see any other options. It must be Thursday in your time zone. It is still Wednesday here.

That probably explains why, I am in central time zone, got the email at 12:44 am

You probably just need to wait a couple of hours

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012

Yeah, I hope we see that email in 30 minutes ; ) I just signed up for my choice

atteligibility

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 122

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
I just got my update at 00:32 pacific time. Mine will be here on Friday 12/14 from 12:15 - 4:15.:D

I haven't gotten a message, hope that's only because I signed up 30 minutes to midnight in my time zone?

Edit: UPS Hotline confirmed once again, delivery tomorrow between 12:30 and 4:15. They just don't know why every one else was getting the email and I haven't, told me to revise my email (which has been correct). Man, I shouldn't have signed up for mychoice that late, definitely caused me more worries than anything ; )

Last edited:

atteligibility

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
WTF, this thing is sitting in Louisville?
And they don't bother to send an email notification to correct the original email?

What's the point of giving a 4 hour window if the thing arrives 3 days later!?

Anybody talked to them?

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
WTF, this thing is sitting in Louisville?
And they don't bother to send an email notification to correct the original email?

What's the point of giving a 4 hour window if the thing arrives 3 days later!?

Anybody talked to them?

I got the same thing ... got the eMail yesterday saying delivery Friday afternoon even though UPS tracking showed Monday delivery and last entry was departure scan from Anchorage 12/11 @ 9:10. Great :D

Nooooo .... today at noon my tracking updates with:
Code:
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Location	Date	Local Time	Activity[/B]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Louisville, KY, United States	 12/14/2012	 12:10 P.M.	Import Scan[/COLOR]
Anchorage, AK, United States	 12/11/2012	 9:10 P.M.	Departure Scan
Shanghai, China	 12/12/2012	 5:12 A.M.	Departure Scan
Shanghai, China	 12/11/2012	 2:11 P.M.	Export Scan
Shanghai, China	 12/10/2012	 10:50 P.M.	Departure Scan
12/10/2012	 6:45 P.M.	Origin Scan
China	 12/10/2012	 7:21 A.M.	Order Processed: Ready for UPS[/COLOR]

So ... I am not holding my breath waiting for delivery today ... :(

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
Someone said they called and UPS said My Choice is only accurate for domestic stuff, international packages can be off and might arrive later than My Choice estimated.

All these iMacs that were in KY for 2 days will arrive Monday, they just started leaving this afternoon after clearing customs.

atteligibility

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Someone said they called and UPS said My Choice is only accurate for domestic stuff, international packages can be off and might arrive later than My Choice estimated.

All these iMacs that were in KY for 2 days will arrive Monday, they just started leaving this afternoon after clearing customs.

The email doesn't talk about estimate or anything, it says delivery on Friday, "Approximate delivery time between 1:15 and 5:15", that's what approximate means, 3 days later !??

I would almost not care, if they had the courtesy to send another notice the day before to correct the first one.

Instead, I have cleared my schedule to be at home all afternoon and now I have got to do the same on Monday, and who knows Tuesday... ?

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
They confirmed delivery for today on the phone yesterday, but then I saw the updated tracking. This thing has been sitting in Kentucky for 3 ****ing days? They can't blame that on customs, FedEx was delivering 2 days ago already. It really pisses me off.

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
They confirmed delivery for today on the phone yesterday, but then I saw the updated tracking. This thing has been sitting in Kentucky for 3 ****ing days? They can't blame that on customs, FedEx was delivering 2 days ago already. It really pisses me off.

Just had a very polite conversation with them, they neither could tell me why it was in Louisville so long or why two different reps told me yesterday it will be delivered. Had I asked what UPS stands for, they probably wouldn't have known that either. At least I now know it is on it's way here, because their elaborate tracking system shows that it departed Louisville.

The real problem is I was expecting it today, thanks to their Hotline. When I called them the in the beginning of the week, they said "might be Friday, no guarantees". When I called yesterday, the first lady told me "definitely Friday, between 12:15 and 4:15", the second one told me "Friday guaranteed, but we cannot give time estimates". In the future I won't be calling hotlines anymore. I also won't visit delivery threads on the Internet. Monday is still early in comparison to Apple's quotes, the whole thing is just a bad case of unfulfilled expectations.

On a side note: Apple had given me the "infamous next day delivery", when I asked for expedited shipping. I didn't know it at the time, but that does not exist with international deliveries (I assume the rep from Apple didn't have a clue either). So, it defaulted to UPS, who use the word "expedited" in a way I use toilet paper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.