Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:44 PM   #1
Jman13
macrumors 65816

It's official - I love my mini.

Ok, I've been an iPhone owner for years, and have owned an android tablet for the past year and a half, and despite running stock ICS, I've been getting annoyed with that. I finally got fed up and asked for the ipad mini for Christmas, and two days in, I love it.

None of the annoyances I had from Android (odd lags, few tablet apps), and just speed and polish. Perfect size for me too. Sorry - just had to post.
Jman13 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:58 PM   #2
Tikatika
macrumors 6502

I agree! I got my white 16gb wifi for Christmas. Have it paired with this stunning case. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i00 (it's out of stock and has gone up $20 more than I paid, but it is a great case.)

Really happy with my Mini!
Tikatika is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:59 PM   #3
spyguy10709
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman13 View Post
Ok, I've been an iPhone owner for years, and have owned an android tablet for the past year and a half, and despite running stock ICS, I've been getting annoyed with that. I finally got fed up and asked for the ipad mini for Christmas, and two days in, I love it.

None of the annoyances I had from Android (odd lags, few tablet apps), and just speed and polish. Perfect size for me too. Sorry - just had to post.
Great to hear! I love my iPad too.
Last edited by spyguy10709; Tomorrow at 07:10 AM.
spyguy10709 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:00 PM   #4
nuckinfutz
macrumors 603

I know a lot of people that got them for Xmas and those that didn't are keen on picking up a mini sometimes next year...me included.
nuckinfutz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:08 PM   #5
Awakener
macrumors 6502

Count me in for iPad Mini with retina next year. Can't love this one, maybe tolerate it.
Awakener is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:10 PM   #6
joshwithachance
macrumors 65816

There's just something about the mini. I ordered a 16GB white one today, and cannot wait for it to come in! It may not have a retina display, but it's size/weight is PERFECT and it runs cool at all times, which is a plus.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:16 PM   #7
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

would it be redundant to get ipad mini if i have an ipad 2?

All the talk in here just make me want to try one now. To offset my gaming from the Ipad because 16G is not enough. Get another mini 16G so my original Ipad can be use for video and web browsing only.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:59 PM   #8
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman13 View Post

You are smitten. Love takes longer than two days.

Are you losing sleep, carrying it everwhere you go, using it when you have other things to do and your heart races everything you touch it, etc. etc. That is closer to love.
AppleRobert is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:30 PM   #9
Jman13
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post

Are you losing sleep, carrying it everwhere you go, using it when you have other things to do and your heart races everything you touch it, etc. etc. That is closer to love.
I save those emotions for my wife, rather than gadgets. . Gadget love is a little less serious.
Jman13 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:26 AM   #10
bevsb2
macrumors 6502

Congratulations to all who received new minis for Christmas. I'm an iPad 4 fan, but can see the appeal of the form factor of the mini. Enjoy!
bevsb2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:51 AM   #11
mrkjsn
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post

That's called infatuation.
mrkjsn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:59 AM   #12
HeyGreggie
macrumors 6502a

Im glad you like it!

I'm waiting until march hoping and praying for the retina version. Maybe they'll make a 128gb version of it too. That would be AWESOME, because then it would match the rumored 128gb iphone that comes out. Even though I use dropbox for my movies and pictures these days, it'd be nice to have a more robust music collection [non dependent of Spotify].
HeyGreggie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:04 AM   #13
Wayne s
macrumors regular

Got my 9 year old son one for Christmas and he is over the moon with it, much more comfortable for him him to use. I also like it a lot and may have to get one for myself.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad