Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:12 PM   #1
skskiid
macrumors newbie

iMac screen issues

Hello everyone I am new here and just got a used iMac. The seller told me that the screen had some issues and sold it to me for a pretty good price. I have been reading other post and I have seen a lot of the dust inside imacs issues. Mine has some horizontal lines that kinda look like dust. I want to make sure it is dust before I have someone take it apart. Here are some pic thank you in advance.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
skskiid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:31 PM   #2
mushroomtip
macrumors 6502

what year iMac ?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:34 PM   #3
skskiid
macrumors newbie

Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:41 PM   #4
mushroomtip
macrumors 6502

I know the 2011's had dust issues . from what I understand the glass on the 2011 could be removed to clean the inside. the glass is held by magnets. just google 2008 imac dust behind glass and see what you come up with. but before you do wait to hear from the experts here . this forum can be very helpful. actually you will most likely find the remedy here . just be patient.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:42 PM   #5
skskiid
macrumors newbie

I just popped the screen cover off and clean it thoroughly. That didn't help at all. I guess its going to be inside the lcd if its a dust issue. Thanks for the reply
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:50 PM   #6
tom vilsack
macrumors 68000

I'm pretty sure this was a know issue with some screens of that year...only was to fix way to have screen replaced....maybe get your money back,or live with it?

talked about here

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...t=15&start=120
tom vilsack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:28 PM   #7
xxbrankxx
macrumors member

I have a 2008 24" and I STILL have this problem. I had AppleCare and they ended up replacing the screen 3 different times and it didn't help at all. I paid $2200 for the top of the line iMac back in 2008 and I was getting this problem within a month or 2 of owning it. I just don't understand how they could continue to sell them knowing it was a HUGE issue for a lot of people. Quality control is garbage. My iMac is definitely slowing down and I wanna upgrade to one of the new 27" models but I'm very afraid of getting this problem again and getting the runaround from the Genius Bar wasting my time. It's annoying cause it inconveniences you as your left without your machine for days (if they need to order parts) and you get it back and it's still there. So frustrating. I don't know how they can sell these knowing they have major issues. It's baffling.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:21 AM   #8
skskiid
macrumors newbie

Does yours have the bars across it? I am going to try to find someone that will open it up and clean it for me.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:27 AM   #9
edry.hilario
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by skskiid View Post
Hello everyone I am new here and just got a used iMac. The seller told me that the screen had some issues and sold it to me for a pretty good price. I have been reading other post and I have seen a lot of the dust inside imacs issues. Mine has some horizontal lines that kinda look like dust. I want to make sure it is dust before I have someone take it apart. Here are some pic thank you in advance.

[IMG]Image[/IMG]

[IMG]Image[/IMG]

[IMG]Image[/IMG]
your screen is messed up, sadly needs to be replaced no way to fix it. good luck with it
edry.hilario is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac