Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:22 AM   #26
pooleman
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
pooleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastern CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMJB0188 View Post
I completely agree with the OP on the feel of the original iPhone. It was truly a privilege to own an iPhone in 2007-2008. The original and even the 3G/3GS felt best. I'd be totally fine if they came back with that design, even in 3.5".
Totally agree. Although I would prefer they keep the 4" screen.
__________________
Mac Mini (latest model), iBook G4, Mac Mini (mid 2007), iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 5 AT&T 32 GB JB'ed unlimited data, ATV3, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air, iPod Touch 64 GB 5G.
pooleman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:26 AM   #27
Interstella5555
macrumors 603
 
Interstella5555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman View Post
Totally agree. Although I would prefer they keep the 4" screen.
The only things I miss when I use my 2G are capacity and 3G speed, everything else on the device is perfect.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:31 AM   #28
pooleman
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
pooleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Eastern CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interstella5555 View Post
The only things I miss when I use my 2G are capacity and 3G speed, everything else on the device is perfect.
The screen is sub-par. let's not pretend it's not. And the headphone jack is pretty crazy. Other than that it's great.

I do think that after extended use I would get pretty tired of the comparatively super slow processor. It's cute and nostalgic just using it here and there but if I had to go all day with that speed I'd go nuts.

I would really like my iPhone 5 stuffed into the old enclosure. I wish a company would sell a kit so you can put your iphone 5 into a similar original iPhone enclosure.
__________________
Mac Mini (latest model), iBook G4, Mac Mini (mid 2007), iPhone, iPhone 4, iPhone 5 AT&T 32 GB JB'ed unlimited data, ATV3, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Air, iPod Touch 64 GB 5G.
pooleman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:35 AM   #29
Interstella5555
macrumors 603
 
Interstella5555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman View Post
The screen is sub-par. let's not pretend it's not. And the headphone jack is pretty crazy. Other than that it's great.

I do think that after extended use I would get pretty tired of the comparatively super slow processor. It's cute and nostalgic just using it here and there but if I had to go all day with that speed I'd go nuts.

I would really like my iPhone 5 stuffed into the old enclosure. I wish a company would sell a kit so you can put your iphone 5 into a similar original iPhone enclosure.
?? It's all relative, yes, the screen is "subpar" compared to the iPhone 5 screen, just like the graphics of a Gamecube game are "subpar" to those of the Wii U. Does that make it less usable in any way? Not in my book.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:36 AM   #30
johndallas999
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
The good news is that the SIM card removal tool makes a wonderful fingernail cleaner.

BJ
LOL, funny! That is one grubby lookin hand!
johndallas999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:40 AM   #31
Chris092881
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Why is it when I told the OP his fingernails were nasty the post was immediately yanked? But someone suggesting he use a SIM removal tool to clean his nasty, dirty, disgusting nails is fine?
Chris092881 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using iPhone 4 sims on original iPhone and dumb phone historyteacher iPhone 1 Aug 6, 2012 07:39 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC