Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

serkan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
Hey guys ;

I have purchased an iPhone 5 about a week ago and I have been doing the finish battery till the last drop and charge it like 8 hours min. After that what should I do to make the battery in an up thight position for maximum usage for the battery ??

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
LOL. There are soooo much intelligent information on the Internet.

I go with do nothing. Very soon ur gonna get a big dent and u will forget all these babysitting.

Kurios2

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Hey guys ;

I have purchased an iPhone 5 about a week ago and I have been doing the finish battery till the last drop and charge it like 8 hours min. After that what should I do to make the battery in an up thight position for maximum usage for the battery ??

You shouldn't have to worry about that. Just charge it every night and that solves your problem.

serkan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
I have downloaded the app called Battery Doctor. It seems nice app , any thoughts on that ?

I sometimes entrr the app and clear the memory. Is there any possibility that will hurt my phone ?

Nezben

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
I have downloaded the app called Battery Doctor. It seems nice app , any thoughts on that ?

I sometimes entrr the app and clear the memory. Is there any possibility that will hurt my phone ?

Yes it may cause serious injury.
Be very careful when closing the apps down.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Hey guys ;

Are you having issues with the battery or something? I've never done anything like this with any of the electronics I've purchased in the last seven years or so and never had any problems.

serkan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
Are you having issues with the battery or something? I've never done anything like this with any of the electronics I've purchased in the last seven years or so and never had any problems.

No problems at all. Just want my batterty last long and i want it to be in the perfect shape. Thats why.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I wouldn't worry so much about the battery--it really doesn't need the special handling/calibration you seem to think it does. Just charge it when it gets low.

If you are really worried about it, get Applecare+ and you'll be covered for two years. (You already have a year warranty though) If the battery fails then swap it out.

Auxo

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2013
A³tweaks
I think he needs the battery to stand vertically.

To answer that, put your phone in a vertical position face down.

His reaction reading this: :confused:

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Partial discharges and more frequest recharges are better for lithium batteries than a full discharge.

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
Just go to Apple

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

From the article:

Use iPhone Regularly
For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it’s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

Straight from Apple. Good enough for me. Done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.