Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jae999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2012
I need a new computer and I've come across some extra cash from the holidays. I'm looking to get my first Mac. I want the base 27inch model. Nothing fancy.

In reading these forums it seems like they are quite back ordered. Would I be best waiting a bit and checking stores or placing an order online? I don't want to get stuck in a queue online for a month if they will start popping up in stores soon.

LogicPro

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
No idea when they'll be *sold* in stores, though some members have had luck finding them. Online - expect to wait till mid-Jan, maybe later.

sounddesigner

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2012
I would call in the morning to the closest apple store and find when delivery times are and just call back every morning if you dont want to buy it online becouse they have giant waiting time... Went to the store they said that they are filing the orders for custom macs first... idk why that is but that is what he said... Also apple did say they will post better dates next week... slowest option though is 3rd party retailer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.