Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bodhi9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2013
Hello there,

I've recently downloaded Geektool 3.0.1 using Mountain Lion.

I was creating new Geeklets, and after a copy paste from "https://github.com/rayjanwilson/geektool-scripts/blob/master/apod.js" the shell remains blank with default properties and no result. Afterwards, I cannot delete this geeklet. I have tried changing properties. I tried deleting Geektool with Appcleaner and reinstalling, which won't delete previous geeklets, including problematic one.

Help... I would like to delete this geeklet and continue using Geektool.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
If you elect to use apps like AppCleaner, be aware that in most cases, app removal software doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this and this. If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.

The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

bodhi9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2013
I'll use manual deletion for AppCleaner and everything else from now on!

I've followed all the steps but I can't delete .plist files for some reason...

There are a few org.tynsoe.geektool3.plist files remaining with unknown access in sharing and permission.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I'll use manual deletion for AppCleaner and everything else from now on!

I've followed all the steps but I can't delete .plist files for some reason...

There are a few org.tynsoe.geektool3.plist files remaining with unknown access in sharing and permission.

If you haven't already done so, begin by restarting your Mac. That resolves many problems with deleting files. For problems deleting items or emptying the trash, you may find some useful ideas here:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.