Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
The perfect slabstastic geometry combined with the featherweight lightness make pulling this phone out of my pocket such a smooth experience.

I enjoy the phone an I feel Apple has done a good job with it this year. It's oh so smooth.

Sometimes I pull it out even if I don't have anything to check.

I got the white 64 and boy let me tell you that silver back... Mui belisimo... So light

They really hit a home run with this device...

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Out of all things about the iPhone, the feeling of pulling it out of your pocket is your most favourite?

As a non-iPhone 5 user... that's interesting.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
6 months ago, it was........"Light phones feel cheap. The concrete brick that is the 4S has the perfect weight for a premium feel!"

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Out of all things about the iPhone, the feeling of pulling it out of your pocket is your most favourite?

As a non-iPhone 5 user... that's interesting.

Maybe he has that cell phone underwear with the phone pocket on the front! :eek:

OP: Just don't slide it in the back pocket of your jeans and sit down hard ... the results might upset you!

But I do hear you ... I have the iPhone 4 and that thing weighs a TON! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
6 months ago, it was........"Light phones feel cheap. The concrete brick that is the 4S has the perfect weight for a premium feel!"

You said it brother. Difference now, having played with the 5 and having bought the 4S instead, I much prefer the solid feel of the 4S.

fenskezen

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
Wirelessly posted

I have an iPhone 5 and love it. But coming from a 4, I have to admit, has been a challenge. Four times now I have forgotten how light the phone is and it has flown out of my hands.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
My 3GS feels like a brick compared to the iPhone 5.

That being said, I haven't actually heard anyone saying that they like pulling their phones out of the pocket.:D

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
If you think the iPhone 4S is a heavy brick, you should start lifting weights. The reality is that there is barely a noticeable difference. I don't want a phone that is so thin that it could bend just by being in my pocket.

That being said, the 4G LTE is pretty much the only reason I want the iPhone 5. I'm more of a fan of the glass design of the 4s than I am of the slate 5 -- I feel like it was a downgrade in terms of design.

kadillac

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2012
I had an Inspire and that thing was heavy. I've dropped by 5 a few times because it's so light. It's a little too light. Doesn't feel cheap, that's stupid, but it does feel a little too light.

Fant

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2009
The iPhone 5 does feel substantially lighter than any other smartphone. I thought at first that was a bad thing but lowering the weight of something you carry all the time is great for me. I can't wait till they make a new full size iPad this light. You are right it does take some getting used to.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Have 4s and thought it may bother me since I don't even like to have a wallet in me pants, but it's been OK. Often take it out to tell time but I wonder if it has a hard side button that would give me a voice time audio, will I actually take it out (increase chances of accident) or just reach in and hit the voice time button(?)

Tell you what, around this area there's been reports of iphone-jacking, so showing off your phone maybe a dangerous activity if you do it in the wrong place.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
People who use gender to refer to their devices and talking about how much they like it to touch it really creep me out, and really don't want to know what they're using siri for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.