Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 5, 2012, 08:37 PM   #1
velvetlounger
macrumors newbie

New Mini Purchase and Pages update will not work

I just received a new Mini bought through the Apple online store. I chose the selections to have Pages and Numbers installed. Now when I run software updates on the App store Numbers updated normally, but Pages tells me that it was purchased under another id.

I do have pages on my iPad, but im pretty sure I use the same apple id there as well. Anyone have any ideas?

thaks
velvetlounger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:00 AM   #2
JediMeister
macrumors 68040

Is it possible you accepted Pages for Mac OS under a different AppleID than you used for Numbers? Do you know if you have more than one AppleID? Did you migrate appications or support files from another Mac by any chance? If nothing else, call AppleCare or email App Store support and see if they can help you identify why you're getting this error. You have 90 days of complimentary support with your Mac purchase, take advantage of it if you aren't planning on buying AppleCare on it.
JediMeister is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:36 AM   #3
velvetlounger
macrumors newbie

This Mini was out of the box. I did not accept any documents from anyone. Nor did I migrate anything.

I know that I have three very similar email addresses that I can use when I log into my apple id. ...@mac.com ...@me.com ...@iCloud.com. They all seem to log me into the same account as all the same documents are available regardless of which username I use when I log in.

I will also be calling apple care.

Thanks for your response.
velvetlounger is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store