Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

velvetlounger

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I just received a new Mini bought through the Apple online store. I chose the selections to have Pages and Numbers installed. Now when I run software updates on the App store Numbers updated normally, but Pages tells me that it was purchased under another id.

I do have pages on my iPad, but im pretty sure I use the same apple id there as well. Anyone have any ideas?

thaks

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Is it possible you accepted Pages for Mac OS under a different AppleID than you used for Numbers? Do you know if you have more than one AppleID? Did you migrate appications or support files from another Mac by any chance? If nothing else, call AppleCare or email App Store support and see if they can help you identify why you're getting this error. You have 90 days of complimentary support with your Mac purchase, take advantage of it if you aren't planning on buying AppleCare on it.

velvetlounger

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
This Mini was out of the box. I did not accept any documents from anyone. Nor did I migrate anything.

I know that I have three very similar email addresses that I can use when I log into my apple id. ...@mac.com ...@me.com ...@iCloud.com. They all seem to log me into the same account as all the same documents are available regardless of which username I use when I log in.

I will also be calling apple care.

Thanks for your response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.