Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:15 AM   #51
Kashsystems
macrumors 6502

I want something similar but somewhat different.

I want a 11 inch macbook air with a touchscreen, mouse support, and detachable keyboard like the upcoming Surface Pro.

It needs to have usb ports and bootcamp and I will buy it immediately.

There are some specialize applications I use that are only for Windows. They require me to have a usb port dongle. Also there are times and certain things that are just easier to use on a laptop than tablet.

Maybe one day Apple will move in that direction.
Kashsystems is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:11 AM   #52
spinedoc77
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashsystems View Post
I want something similar but somewhat different.

I want a 11 inch macbook air with a touchscreen, mouse support, and detachable keyboard like the upcoming Surface Pro.

It needs to have usb ports and bootcamp and I will buy it immediately.

There are some specialize applications I use that are only for Windows. They require me to have a usb port dongle. Also there are times and certain things that are just easier to use on a laptop than tablet.

Maybe one day Apple will move in that direction.
Lets see if anyone can get a hackintosh running on the pro. I have a hackintosh on my desktop, I might be brave enough to try it on my pro when I buy it.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:28 AM   #53
Kashsystems
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedoc77 View Post
Lets see if anyone can get a hackintosh running on the pro. I have a hackintosh on my desktop, I might be brave enough to try it on my pro when I buy it.
The problem I think will be is that OSX does not have touchscreen support.

I like the concept of the Surface Pro, that is going to be a debate for me going forward and waiting for the next macbook line refresh.
Kashsystems is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad