Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carlyjoene

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2013
I have a 2010 MacbookPro that I am trying to sell. The model number is A 1278. I entered the computer details onto Gadget Value and the approximate asking price I received was $885-$921. Details listed below.

Manufacturer – Apple Macbook Pro
Year – 2010
RAM – 4GB
CD Drive – DVD DL RW
Processor Speed – 2.4 GHz – 2.7 GHz
HDD – 500GB
Processor – Intel – Core i7 (Nov2008)
Graphics Card – 256 MB
Features
– Webcam
– Bluetooth
– HDMI
Screen Size – 12″ to 16″
Battery Condition – Good
Screen Condition – Good
Other Parts (Keyboard /Mouse) Condition – Working
Remaining Warranty Period – Expired
Price range : $885 to $921

My neighbor who is a good friend of mine and knows much more about computers as he is in the industry is interested in buying it. I offered it to him for $700. He clearly indicated that he thought $700 was too much and said he was more interested in paying $500-$600 dollars. Money and friends. I have looked at other websites and have gotten anything between $550 to $1200, but Gadget Value had me enter in what I found to be the most relevant information. What is a good price?

carlyjoene

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2013
I just called apple support and I figured out why my information does not fit together. The bottom of my laptop says 2010 model when the support team says it is a 2011. So I do have HDMI and an Intel i7 Core of 2.7 Ghz. I fixed the info about the CD Drive to CD R CD RW also.

Year – 2011
RAM – 4GB
CD Drive – CD R CD RW
HDD – 500GB
Processor – Intel – Core i7 Extreme (Mar2010)
Graphics Card – 256 MB
Features – Webcam
– Bluetooth
– HDMI
Screen Size – 12″ to 16″
Battery Condition – Good
Screen Condition – Good
Price range : $1207 to $1256

Nov 28, 2010
located
I just called apple support and I figured out why my information does not fit together. The bottom of my laptop says 2010 model when the support team says it is a 2011. So I do have HDMI and an Intel i7 Core of 2.7 Ghz. I fixed the info about the CD Drive to CD R CD RW also.

Year – 2011
RAM – 4GB
CD Drive – CD R CD RW
HDD – 500GB
Processor – Intel – Core i7 Extreme (Mar2010)
Graphics Card – 256 MB
Features – Webcam
– Bluetooth
– HDMI
Screen Size – 12″ to 16″
Battery Condition – Good
Screen Condition – Good
Price range : $1207 to $1256

Sorry, but the 2011 MBPs do not have an i7 Extreme CPU nor do they have HDMI, they have Mini DisplayPort.

MR_video_out_Mac_Mini_DP.png

MR_video_out_display_HDMI.png
from

The easiest way to get your MBPs specs, if About This Mac does not work for you for whatever reasons,
is to find the serial number - Mac OS X: About This Mac window provides computer serial number -
and going to this website or this to enter the serial number to get the exact specs of your machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.