Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diegoesk

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2010
Since I live in Korea... Everywhere I go there are thousands of advertisements for androids, they even give out many free ones to change people over from old phones to android or different OS to android... It's really sad that I am still a proud apple user in Korea :) but here, I can tell android is being enforced really well in markets...

Thats interesting.
I'm guessing because the OS is opensource and the telcoms over there have a higher profit margin than with Apple.

nba1341

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2007
Personally, I wouldnt mind if Android has 99% of the smartphone market. If 99% of people were using an iPhone, it would kind of make me not want it to be honest.

Hipster's can't be defined because then they'd fit in a category, and thus be too mainstream.

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
So what's your argument? Who cares if developers develop for iOS first? Nearly every worthwhile app released for iOS is released for Android aswell sooner or later.

Also, the Android store has over 600,000 apps now, so the whole iOS vs Android App argument is now invalid.

You also make it sound as if the app market is Google/Android's primary source of profit. The big bucks come from the hardware sales, not apps worth pennies.

The problem I have with some Android apps is that they look like an iOS app. Android has a back button, but the app insist on using the iOS version of a back button. It makes it seem like the developer just tried to do the bare minimum to get it working on Android. They don't bother making their app work in landscape which is how Android tablets are designed in default.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.