Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sstevens

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2012
California
I got blue screen earlier on my windows partition and noticed an alert on the taskbar saying my hard drive was running out of space. I only partitioned 40GB and have had 5-8GB free for the last couple weeks as I knew prior to making the partition just how much i needed (its just for a pc game and some stuff). I had 30KB left!!! 30kb! it shut down via blue screen and rebooted back to the free 5.05GB i had. Now when i browse ther web on data heavy sites, it slowly decreases .01GB every 5-10minutes but then goes back up. Whats going on here??

alex84

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
I got blue screen earlier on my windows partition and noticed an alert on the taskbar saying my hard drive was running out of space. I only partitioned 40GB and have had 5-8GB free for the last couple weeks as I knew prior to making the partition just how much i needed (its just for a pc game and some stuff). I had 30KB left!!! 30kb! it shut down via blue screen and rebooted back to the free 5.05GB i had. Now when i browse ther web on data heavy sites, it slowly decreases .01GB every 5-10minutes but then goes back up. Whats going on here??

I used and 120gigs partition when using bootcamp. I was going to clone it to an external tb ssd drive. After installing win7 and drivers i cloned the partition and removed bootcamp. When i booted the external ssd drive i noticed that i had already used 50gb, with nothing installed.

Why this is i dont realy know but my advice. Get an bigger win partition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.