Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dashwd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Hi there

Long long long ago, I subscribed to Mac Addict and loved it.

I used to have a disk from the first issue or one of the first that had a video called:
"Hey Look, It's A PC!!!"

Basically, the writers are watlking down the street and they see a PC box and one yells out, "Hey Look! It's a PC!" At which point they utterly destroy it!

It was so awesome and so full of win!

I have tried to find that video on YouTube, but to no avail!

Might anyone have a copy of that vid, I would so love to watch that again!

Thank you!

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
Stupid back then, and stupid still. ;-)

If it had been full of parts, that would have been a little more entertaining. MacAddict was a decent publication for about the first few issues. The letters section alone, mostly pure junk. It was hard to take a serious look at it.

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
It's stupid for Mac users to call windows boxes PC's as if a mac isn't a pc.

PC merely stands for personal Computer

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa
Pc

Mac always said theirs was a personal computer and never a PC. It wasn't like any of the rest. If you look at the Mac it never was, it was so different from other Apples nothing was compatible across. The Mac killed the Lisa, even competed against its own Apple II line.

You can win your argument now, Steve is dead and gone and Mac OS can run unsupported on PC parts and windows can run native on a Mac. The reality is in 1984 the Macintosh was a personal computer not a PC and the business did everything they could to stop it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.