Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:15 PM   #1
Katin
macrumors regular

Question Apple needs to change iOS UI...

I'm not sure what everyone's thoughts are but they need to change the User Interface of iOS. To me it's getting boring seeing Apps..Apps...and more Apps. I want widgets or live feeds or something... What are your thoughts?
Katin is offline   0
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:21 PM   #2
Squilly
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katin View Post
I'm not sure what everyone's thoughts are but they need to change the User Interface of iOS. To me it's getting boring seeing Apps..Apps...and more Apps. I want widgets or live feeds or something... What are your thoughts?
Agreed. I don't want it to be too similar to Android (widgets/live feeds like you were saying) since Apple should have their own entity. What would Jobs say to iOS 6. Hmm...
Squilly is offline   0
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:25 PM   #3
brock2621
macrumors 6502a

I literally cannot fathom the number of these posts wasting space on the macrumors server. While I do agree with you to an extent, I feel your voice could be added to one of the hundreds of existing threads concerning this subject already... (Steps off soapbox)
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:08 AM   #4
Hawtin
macrumors member

People are entitled to their opinion, as you are entitled to disagree with it. Obviously a lot of threads means lots of people share the thought that iOS is becoming boring.
Hawtin is offline   1
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:23 AM   #5
throys
macrumors regular

Why break something which works, The IOS is simple and easy to use even my grandma is using an Ipad, give her a android tablet or a surface and you think she would know where to start.

Most of us here on forums are just a small percentage of people who makes up apple % of users who wants new devices every year, new IOS, new sizes, shapes, this, that because we are tech geeks. Apple has a wider consumer base who they are trying to keep also who just want their IOS device just to work.

This is why Apple wont jump and change their IOS over night
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:49 AM   #6
MozMan68
macrumors 65816

Thank you...now can we please lock this thread?
MozMan68 is offline   1
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:55 AM   #7
PrometheusGeek
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katin View Post
My thought (in all seriousness) is that you should get a Windows Phone instead. Widgets, live tiles, etc... Seems to be a much better fit for what you desire. iOS is what it is. It's built on a different user-experience philosophy than you prefer. Move to a platform that better corresponds to your preferences.
PrometheusGeek is offline   1
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:57 AM   #8
dontpannic
macrumors 6502

All it needs is more information on the lockscreen and system toggles.

No point in having separate home screen and app screen - just wastes time. If you want to open a particular app why would you unlock the phone, enter the app screen then launch the app when at the moment you just unlock the phone and launch the app.

All it needs is some "widget" type things on the lockscreen - perhaps Facebook/Twitter/Weather etc, and wifi/bluetooth etc toggles probably in the Notification centre or multitasking tray.

Also, how about a quick compose and quick reply on top of open apps for text messages?

Basically, they just need to hire the developers of the jailbreak apps:

NCSettings:
http://pinglio.com/wp-content/upload...csettings2.png

Messages+:
http://wpuploads.appadvice.com/wp-co...46-642x690.jpg

and IntelliscreenX:
http://cdn.iphoneincanada.ca/wp-cont...lX-640x320.jpg
dontpannic is offline   0
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:44 AM   #9
Hawtin
macrumors member

It really is just that simple ^^^
Hawtin is offline   0
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:57 AM   #10
jabingla2810
macrumors 65816

That looks awful.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:59 AM   #11
dontpannic
macrumors 6502

IntelliscreenX was just an idea - obviously it could be done while looking better.

NCSettings and Messages+ are both very very good tweaks though.
dontpannic is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Tags
ios 7