Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 8, 2013, 09:07 PM   #1
soamz
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to soamz Send a message via MSN to soamz Send a message via Yahoo to soamz Send a message via Skype™ to soamz
Question How to project wide-screen from iPad to Projector ?

Hi, I have a 120 inch 16:9 huge screen, which I use at my home theatre room and we watch all Blu-Ray movies at 16:9 wide screen. At that time, the projector source is my Blu-Ray Player and amplifier through HDMI.

I want do project the same 16:9 widescreen way from my iPad

How do we do that ?

As soon as I connect my PC and projector through a RGB cable, the screen resolution of the PC changes to square 4:3 resolution. Why is that ?

And on the projector screen, then wide view is totally gone and I see the squarish view 4:3 view ?

How do I get the complete 16:9 output to projector screen from an iPad ?

I also tried through HDMI and my Apple Macbook Retina, I still dont get the wide view.
soamz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2013, 10:04 PM   #2
v0lume4
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soamz View Post
I also tried through HDMI and my Apple Macbook Retina, I still dont get the wide view.
On the topic of your MacBook, MacBooks (except for the MBA) have a 16:10 aspect ratio. So that explains the black bars even when using that.

I really don't want to guide you in the wrong direction, but I don't think you can do anything about the aspect ratio with your iPad. Mirroring videos though I think will scale just fine. I think. I know with AirPlay it corrects.
v0lume4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2013, 10:05 PM   #3
soamz
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to soamz Send a message via MSN to soamz Send a message via Yahoo to soamz Send a message via Skype™ to soamz
How to connect to Projector through air play ?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 07:28 AM   #4
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

Quote:
How to connect to Projector through air play ?

You could get an Apple TV and mirror your ipad to it or get a lightning to hdmi adapter.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 09:55 AM   #5
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Quote:
How do I get the complete 16:9 output to projector screen from an iPad ?
If you're mirroring you're not going to get 16:9 since the iPad is not 16:9. If you have 16:9 content then playing it via the adapter should yield the proper aspect ratio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lume4 View Post
On the topic of your MacBook, MacBooks (except for the MBA) have a 16:10 aspect ratio. So that explains the black bars even when using that.
Macbook can be set to use the resolution and aspect ratio of the display. Again, if mirroring the built-in display then its aspect ratio will be used.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:13 AM   #6
soamz
macrumors 6502

So just get this http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightnin...+to+hdmi+cable and connect the iPad to projector ?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:23 PM   #7
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

Quote:
So just get this http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightnin...+to+hdmi+cable and connect the iPad to projector ?

Double the price and get an Apple TV

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad