Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:18 AM   #26
Edde1
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Ok. Nice. Hope for a soon realise
Edde1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:13 PM   #27
Dyno-Dylan
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Not sure if anyone has noticed but 10.8.2 is available again for the Mac mini. At the very bottom of the list there is a line about improving the graphics issue. I can't remember exactly what it says. Anyway I downloaded it and can finally use iPhoto and haven't had anymore screen flickers since. Been about two hours now. The update shows up when you run software update.
Dyno-Dylan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:26 PM   #28
MrXiro
macrumors 68020
 
MrXiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno-Dylan View Post
Not sure if anyone has noticed but 10.8.2 is available again for the Mac mini. At the very bottom of the list there is a line about improving the graphics issue. I can't remember exactly what it says. Anyway I downloaded it and can finally use iPhoto and haven't had anymore screen flickers since. Been about two hours now. The update shows up when you run software update.
I wonder if this is a 3rd version of it?
__________________
Whole lotta Apples, very little $.
MrXiro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:47 PM   #29
OdT22
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno-Dylan View Post
Not sure if anyone has noticed but 10.8.2 is available again for the Mac mini. At the very bottom of the list there is a line about improving the graphics issue. I can't remember exactly what it says. Anyway I downloaded it and can finally use iPhoto and haven't had anymore screen flickers since. Been about two hours now. The update shows up when you run software update.
Our new mini arrived today, and we were surprised to find the update available after following this thread.

Been running without any problems since setting everything set up about 5 hours ago. Good timing I guess.
OdT22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:02 PM   #30
nifmus
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Will check mine when I get home tonight but my 2012 mini is already on 10.8.2 (12C2034) from before they pulled the update. I'm wondering if there are any differences with my currently installed version and if I will see a minor software update available when I check the App Store.
nifmus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:52 AM   #31
Herbit
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
My Mini 2012 came with 10.8.1. The 10.8.2 updated showed up yesterday in the App store the first time. I did the update and enjoy the latest iPhoto now
Herbit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:00 AM   #32
Dax71
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Any issues with HDMI?
Dax71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:03 AM   #33
longer.zhou
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I have just updated iTunes 11 . And when restarting my Mac mini , I found that my mac os x has also been updated to 10.8.2 .
longer.zhou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:43 AM   #34
benwiggy
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
It's weird that new 2012 Minis should have been bundled with 10.8.1.
10.8.2 was released in September 19th, and the Minis weren't released/announced until 23rd October.

I think mine came with 10.8.2, but I could be wrong. I had already bought ML for another Mac, so can't tell what I should be seeing in the App Store.
benwiggy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:54 AM   #35
theanimala
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax71 View Post
Any issues with HDMI?
I finally got my i7 mini last night. Hooked up HDMI to DVI and I do get random blackouts. Shipping with 10.8.1, upgraded to 10.8.2, same thing. I do have a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter and cable so I will try that later.
theanimala is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:00 AM   #36
southerndude39
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nifmus View Post
Will check mine when I get home tonight but my 2012 mini is already on 10.8.2 (12C2034) from before they pulled the update. I'm wondering if there are any differences with my currently installed version and if I will see a minor software update available when I check the App Store.
It's build 12C3104 on the 10.8.2 update that Apple posted yesterday.
southerndude39 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:38 AM   #37
fhall1
macrumors 68020
 
fhall1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY State of mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by benwiggy View Post
It's weird that new 2012 Minis should have been bundled with 10.8.1.
10.8.2 was released in September 19th, and the Minis weren't released/announced until 23rd October.

I think mine came with 10.8.2, but I could be wrong. I had already bought ML for another Mac, so can't tell what I should be seeing in the App Store.
I just received mine this Monday - Nov 26th - and it came with 10.8.1
__________________
2012 2.3GHz i7 Mini, 16GB RAM; 2009 2.93 GHz C2D iMac, 8GB RAM, GT120 GPU
1.83 GHz CD Mini, 2GB RAM, 200GB HD; 1.25 GHz 17" G4 iMac, 2GB RAM, 128GB SSD
64GB Silver iPhone 5s, 64GB White iPad Air
fhall1 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:17 PM   #38
MrXiro
macrumors 68020
 
MrXiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by theanimala View Post
I finally got my i7 mini last night. Hooked up HDMI to DVI and I do get random blackouts. Shipping with 10.8.1, upgraded to 10.8.2, same thing. I do have a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter and cable so I will try that later.
Sorry to hear.
__________________
Whole lotta Apples, very little $.
MrXiro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:39 PM   #39
southerndude39
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by theanimala View Post
I finally got my i7 mini last night. Hooked up HDMI to DVI and I do get random blackouts. Shipping with 10.8.1, upgraded to 10.8.2, same thing. I do have a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter and cable so I will try that later.
which build of 10.8.2 did your machine update to?
southerndude39 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:16 PM   #40
WLS
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Got my mini on Thursday and the 10.8.2 update was waiting for me as was itunes 11 so I guess the timing was perfect on that. I set it up for testing on an older monitor with a DVI port so I used the HDMI to DVI adapter that comes with the mini. I'm getting those random black screens too, so the update did not fix that. My main monitor has displayport so I'm going to switch to that as soon as I can. I installed Bootcamp and have Windows 7 running on it too. I updated the graphics drivers to the Oct version from Intel but the black screens are still there on the PC side too so the problem is not Apple's fault it is Intel's drivers that need to be fixed.
__________________
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, but give a man a bank and he can rob the world..
WLS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:50 PM   #41
nifmus
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerndude39 View Post
It's build 12C3104 on the 10.8.2 update that Apple posted yesterday.
Sorry for the late reply. When I did my update all it gave me was a Supplemental Update 2.0 at about 40MB and that was it. No mention of drivers or anything remotely related to display issues.

Wondering if I'd need a fresh install.
nifmus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:58 AM   #42
cyclotron451
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Europe
according to those testing Appleseed 10.8.3, one of the focus areas of study is 'graphics issues'
cyclotron451 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC