Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:00 PM   #1
AFPoster
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Patent Design Software

I have to create a mock-up of my idea for a patent attorney. Does anyone know what type of software is used by Apple to make these mockups? Attached image to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp iPad.bmp (188.8 KB, 75 views)
__________________
2012 15" MacBook Pro 2.3Ghz i7
iPad 2 32gb (white)
iPhone 5s 16gb x2
AFPoster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:50 PM   #2
CrickettGrrrl
macrumors 6502a
 
CrickettGrrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: B'more or Less
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFPoster View Post
I have to create a mock-up of my idea for a patent attorney. Does anyone know what type of software is used by Apple to make these mockups? Attached image to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.
Probably a CAD program. You could use a vector graphics app, for example, iDraw is available in the MAS (the devs also have an iOS App). Note: if your drawing is Apple related, iDraw includes shapes libraries & templates for iOS devices, etc., very easy drag & drop. It also has a labeling tool, not something I've used, yet, but it's there.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idraw/id404705039?mt=12



----
You posted an interesting question so I found this Wired article with a slideshow, some are hilarious:
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/...ings/?pid=3643

Last edited by CrickettGrrrl; Jan 14, 2013 at 04:18 PM.
CrickettGrrrl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:10 AM   #3
AFPoster
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrickettGrrrl View Post
Probably a CAD program. You could use a vector graphics app, for example, iDraw is available in the MAS (the devs also have an iOS App). Note: if your drawing is Apple related, iDraw includes shapes libraries & templates for iOS devices, etc., very easy drag & drop. It also has a labeling tool, not something I've used, yet, but it's there.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idraw/id404705039?mt=12
Thanks, checking this out now! Also, not Apple related but I need to be able to layout my idea in the same format.
__________________
2012 15" MacBook Pro 2.3Ghz i7
iPad 2 32gb (white)
iPhone 5s 16gb x2
AFPoster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:52 PM   #4
VeitAnthonius
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Try a vector drawing software.
VeitAnthonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:41 AM   #5
R1PPER
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Adobe illustrator is the industry standard. you can download a 30 day demo.
R1PPER is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:36 AM   #6
AFPoster
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1PPER View Post
Adobe illustrator is the industry standard. you can download a 30 day demo.
Perfect, thank you!
__________________
2012 15" MacBook Pro 2.3Ghz i7
iPad 2 32gb (white)
iPhone 5s 16gb x2
AFPoster is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC