Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:14 PM   #26
jabingla2810
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random 995K View Post
As I have said many times now, "What developers sometimes do (on nova 3 and especially mc4) is they lower the FPS for some devices and reduce effects like flames and smoke to keep the FPS steady. MC4 has a great physics engine and some amazing effects which are only experienced on the ipad 4 and iPhone 5. No android devices at all and nothing before the i5 and ipad 4." This goes for the majority oh high end games, I guess I should have replaced sometimes with most of the time. Infinity blade 2 has a much lowered FPS on the mini to have a smooth game.
Developers had to reduce effects for the ipad 3 because of the high resolution and lack of rescrources to power it.

The Mini and the iPad 4 do not have this problem.

And Infinity Blade 2 works perfectly smooth on the ipad mini, just as it does on the ipad 2 and the iPhone 4S and all other A5 devices. The best looking version of the game is on the iPad 4, but it runs absolutely fine on everything else.

iOS is intelligent enough to manage itself and what version of each game to run. The iPad mini runs the version of the game for the A5 chip and it works great, and the iPad 4 runs the A6X version of the game which looks best.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:00 AM   #27
Random 995K
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabingla2810 View Post
Developers had to reduce effects for the ipad 3 because of the high resolution and lack of rescrources to power it.

The Mini and the iPad 4 do not have this problem.

And Infinity Blade 2 works perfectly smooth on the ipad mini, just as it does on the ipad 2 and the iPhone 4S and all other A5 devices. The best looking version of the game is on the iPad 4, but it runs absolutely fine on everything else.

iOS is intelligent enough to manage itself and what version of each game to run. The iPad mini runs the version of the game for the A5 chip and it works great, and the iPad 4 runs the A6X version of the game which looks best.
Yep, agree.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:02 AM   #28
kylera
macrumors 6502a

The mini is equivalent in specs to the iPad 2, so the most graphics-intensive game I played on my iPad 2 was Soul Calibur, and that barely, if ever, lagged on me.

Then again, this was at least a year ago.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad