Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleTech22

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
US
If you have a smartphone that you are happy with now then I would hold off until the update because, as most have said, it's been out for quite some time.

If you don't have a phone that is satisfying you then I would just go ahead and buy the iPhone 5. Thats at least 6 months if the 5s is released in June which I don't think it will be. With my expectation of october, thats all summer of taking pictures, being out and about with the beautiful weather and its awesome to have a phone then. In my opinion the "S" updates are pointless to wait for unless it's within 2 months away

Just my 2 cents tho

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I would go so far as saying it will be sometime between March and October, but then again who ever knows with Apple, highly unlikely they will release one before June at the earliest, and around Sept October to be inline with the 4S and 5. That being said they throw a monkey wrench in the whole thing if they are going to have 1-3 versions of the iPhone but we will see soon enough.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
We can talk rumors until were blue in the face. No one knows anything about Apple's iPhone release schedule, iPad, iPod Touch...etc. I do however wish Apple was more like Samsung, Blackberry by previewing the phone early before announcing. :D:eek:;)

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Finally got the cash together for my Iphone 5, but a little worried now about the rumoured new shipping schedule.

How likely do we reckon the 5s is going to be out in march?

A iPhone has never been announced for a march release. Most likely you're talking about the new iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.