Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kallen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
I have the Griffin Suevivor case for my ipod. Check it out here. What I really want to know is, can a sealed case such as this cause an iPod Touch to overheat (thus ruining the battery) or are these types of cases safe? I had a battery go bad after I used this case for almost a year. I really like this case, but I am afraid of ruining my new iPod Touch...
Thanks!

Nighttracker

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2012
I have the Griffin Suevivor case for my ipod. Check it out here. What I really want to know is, can a sealed case such as this cause an iPod Touch to overheat (thus ruining the battery) or are these types of cases safe? I had a battery go bad after I used this case for almost a year. I really like this case, but I am afraid of ruining my new iPod Touch...
Thanks!

I can't see it doing much damage. I have the same case and I cut the screen protector out of it cause I don't like screen protectors. And this type of screen protector leaves a space between the glass and the plastic so I was afraid dirt would get between the two and scratch it.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Thanks!

Have Otterbox Defender cases on all my iPod Touch and iPhones. Which completely encloses them. I have never had an issue with heat. Heat will still dissipate through case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.