Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mandychuu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
Longview, TX
Hello there,

I'm new here. I've been using a MacBook Pro for a little over a year now, but I still have yet to do more advanced things with it than surfing the Internet, crafting podcasts, and editing videos shot on my Kodak camera.

I'm looking into doing a Let's Play for Pokémon Yellow Version, but I'm not quite sure what kind of tools I'd need.

I can either do this with an emulator or somehow record video from my SDTV (no HD, unfortunately.) In the latter case, the game cartridge would be played through a Nintendo 64 on Pokémon Stadium.

Could someone give me a rundown of the software/hardware I need, as well as some photos of the products (and possibly the hook-ups as well)?

I'd appreciate any and all help. :)

xShane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2012
United States
Hello there,

I'm new here. I've been using a MacBook Pro for a little over a year now, but I still have yet to do more advanced things with it than surfing the Internet, crafting podcasts, and editing videos shot on my Kodak camera.

I'm looking into doing a Let's Play for Pokémon Yellow Version, but I'm not quite sure what kind of tools I'd need.

I can either do this with an emulator or somehow record video from my SDTV (no HD, unfortunately.) In the latter case, the game cartridge would be played through a Nintendo 64 on Pokémon Stadium.

Could someone give me a rundown of the software/hardware I need, as well as some photos of the products (and possibly the hook-ups as well)?

I'd appreciate any and all help. :)

If you use an emulator, you should be able to record your screen using Quicktime.

Mandychuu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
Longview, TX
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.