Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 7, 2013, 02:58 AM   #226
Ann P
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
What's the best way to go to Beta 3, from Beta 2? Restore factory fresh to 6.1.4 and then to Beta 3?
Ann P is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 02:59 AM   #227
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann P View Post
What's the best way to go to Beta 3, from Beta 2? Restore factory fresh to 6.1.4 and then to Beta 3?
Direct install from ipsw, without restoring any backup. Avoid OTA updates - b2 was def. buggy.
Menneisyys2 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 03:49 AM   #228
petvas
macrumors 68040
 
petvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mannheim, Germany
Send a message via AIM to petvas Send a message via MSN to petvas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menneisyys2 View Post
Direct install from ipsw, without restoring any backup. Avoid OTA updates - b2 was def. buggy.
Beta 3 will also be buggy. It's normal and I think this time we should wait till beta 5 or 6 to get a more stable OS. Even better, wait till the OS is final.
Of course if you have a development device to test it, then it's great. If you depend on your phone though, then I wouldn't suggest installing any beta. I have done it a lot of times and it wasn't nice...
__________________
iMac 27" (Late 2013 - 3,2Ghz i5 CPU, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD); Macbook Air 11" (Mid 2013 - 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD); HTC One M8
petvas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 04:00 AM   #229
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by petvas View Post
Beta 3 will also be buggy. It's normal and I think this time we should wait till beta 5 or 6 to get a more stable OS. Even better, wait till the OS is final.
Of course if you have a development device to test it, then it's great. If you depend on your phone though, then I wouldn't suggest installing any beta. I have done it a lot of times and it wasn't nice...
I meant the bug also present in b1: if you
- use OTA for upgrade even from a clean, well-working b1
- restore a backup after a clean upgrade,

there will be some major battery drain.

There won't be a drain if you do a clean, non-OTA, no-backup-restored b2 install right from the IPSW file.
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC