Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toby Goodbar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
how do you get itunes id3 tag data into the actual mp3 file itself?

everything is great on itunes but when sending music from finder to say an android phone, or using an app like itools on my laptop to add music to my iPhone (which is synced to desktop) the tag data doesn't sync over.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
how do you get itunes id3 tag data into the actual mp3 file itself?

everything is great on itunes but when sending music from finder to say an android phone, or using an app like itools on my laptop to add music to my iPhone (which is synced to desktop) the tag data doesn't sync over.

I use third party tools to manage my id3 tags. I prefer not to use iTunes for anything other than browsing for music which I quite often go pick up at Amazon because it's DRM free, though I do have to put up with their downloader and the fact that it puts identifiers in the id3 tags of songs I buy, presumably so the record labels can come after me if I upload them to mp3.com after buying them from Amazon.

Toby Goodbar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
what 3rd party app would that be?
is there no way iTunes can add it into the file container itself? i know alot of people are not iTunes fans at all but i'm quite happy with it and would hate to have to do it all again from scratch. I keep my itunes library impeccably labeled n meta data'd lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.