Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superman041

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 16, 2011
I am at the end of my 3G contract, on a blackberry 9700, but am am wondering whether I should sign up to the o2 On and On deal. £26 per month, unlimited mins/texts £260 for the phone.

It works out cheaper than Orange/T mobile "the works" deal and Vodafone's Red deal.

Only issue is that as its on o2 I will not be able to get 4G LTE due to the frequencies. Shall I switch to a 3G tariff on Orange/T Mobile so that when I do get 4G LTE and join EE (when the price reduces) I won't have to pay the remaining of my contract ? Is it worth it ?

Please help !

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I don't know anything about those services so I can't help you. Mainly just wanted to say that there's no need to bump your own thread after less than 20 minutes.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
iPhone 5 will only support EE's LTE for the rest of its life. So there's no point paying for an LTE tariff unless you're happy moving to EE and live in an LTE region.

bradkb

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2012
I got my i5 on Orange/EE, but did not and dont see any point in switching over to LTE, and certainly not for the foreseeable future. At home I use Wifi, and at work I use Wifi.

For me the only LTE area close is at work, but why pay when I get free wifi at work?

If I tethered my tablet I may consider it, but I only really use that on the train for catching up on recorded TV.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
thanks for the so called "advice"

I already said I didn't have advice on the topic. Just wanted to give you a heads up because the mods will sometimes frown on it and I think the forum rules actually state to not bump your own thread or post directly after yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.