Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 6, 2012, 04:59 PM   #1
iSensei
Banned

Will the next gen iPhone have the same design?

We all know how "Apple takes changes very seriously" so I'm wondering if the next gen will have the same design as the current iphone 5?
iSensei is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:05 PM   #2
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSensei View Post
We all know how "Apple takes changes very seriously" so I'm wondering if the next gen will have the same design as the current iphone 5?
Most likely, based on their previous releases.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:12 PM   #3
Vampireangela
macrumors newbie

I'm wondering now tho coz on gadget show this week they reall put down the iPhone. So mabe they'll do a big change
Vampireangela is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:56 PM   #4
bp1000
macrumors 65816

The next iPhone will probably look the same. Just have a few small tweaks and some new software.

I'm hoping for more LTE band support for O2/voda uk
Old Dec 6, 2012, 05:58 PM   #5
TallGuy1970
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampireangela View Post
I'm wondering now tho coz on gadget show this week they reall put down the iPhone. So mabe they'll do a big change
There lots of "gadget experts" who have put down the iPhone since its inception. Yet, Apple continues to break sales records. I don't put much stock in the so-called experts.
TallGuy1970 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 06:04 PM   #6
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallGuy1970 View Post
There lots of "gadget experts" who have put down the iPhone since its inception. Yet, Apple continues to break sales records. I don't put much stock in the so-called experts.
Any bad feedback can affect the opinion of people. Yes Apple still sold millions but if enough bad cristicism gets out, it will get into peoples mind and will greatly affect sales in the long run.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 06:10 PM   #7
iSensei
Banned

Good. $100 in cases was a "good" investment then...
Old Dec 6, 2012, 06:16 PM   #8
zbarvian
macrumors 68000

I hope not. The tech media has already blasted Apple for its complacency and reluctance to change and innovate. I think they're losing mindshare as it is, and they can't really afford to go to 2 years without redesigning the iPhone.
zbarvian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 06:50 PM   #9
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68020

They'll have to redesign if they want to keep up in this game. They're far enough behind as it is. Simply slapping an apple logo on something and choosing some already over used superlatives in their ads/promos isn't gonna work.
TacticalDesire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 06:54 PM   #10
Thierry ba
macrumors 6502

I hope it'll be the same, but with steel instead of bending aluminium, I dont wanna curved phone.
Thierry ba is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:04 PM   #11
haruhiko
macrumors 68030

I predict a refined iPhone 5 design: sturdier, less scuffs.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:10 PM   #12
iSensei
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbarvian View Post
I hope not. The tech media has already blasted Apple for its complacency and reluctance to change and innovate. I think they're losing mindshare as it is, and they can't really afford to go to 2 years without redesigning the iPhone.
I do understand your mentality, but did the Macbook Air change a lot since its introduction? No. The inside? Sure. The Retina pro is thinner but still has the same look. Look at it this way - Aviator sun glasses are from the 1930's and have the same iconic design today and people still wear them. And screw the media.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:14 PM   #13
zbarvian
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSensei View Post
I do understand your mentality, but did the Macbook Air change a lot since its introduction? No. The inside? Sure. The Retina pro is thinner but still has the same look. Look at it this way - Aviator sun glasses are from the 1930's and have the same iconic design today and people still wear them. And screw the media.
The media influences the masses...

In the smartphone world, newer iterations look different than old iterations. This is true for almost all cases besides Apple and the "S" iPhone. Phones change looks far more regularly than computers do, and people know that, that's why the redesigns tend to sell better than the iPhone 3GS or 4S.
zbarvian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:19 PM   #14
Zac7
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalDesire View Post
They'll have to redesign if they want to keep up in this game. They're far enough behind as it is. Simply slapping an apple logo on something and choosing some already over used superlatives in their ads/promos isn't gonna work.
Oh yeah? Apple is really far behind...iphone sales records in q4, but they are behind. Come on man...go back to your android forum.
Zac7 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 07:52 PM   #15
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac7 View Post
Oh yeah? Apple is really far behind...iphone sales records in q4, but they are behind. Come on man...go back to your android forum.
Oh yeah. Forgot where I was. God forbid anyone criticizes apple. Even an iOS user of 4 years who doesn't even have an account on an android forum. . There's still plenty missing from iOS and the iPhone itself compared to the competition. Not seeing that is ignorance. I don't care how flawless you think apple is. Notice how I didn't say the iPhone was bad or boast about how great android is. And I still get told to "go back to your android forum" pathetic. You'd think a forum of adults (although I'm beginning to wonder) could have a civilized discussion. But even a whiff of criticism about a company that only cares about our wallets and people start getting upset as if I kicked their dog or punched their 1 year old first born.
Slate iPad Mini 16gb (iOS 7.1.1)
TacticalDesire is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:26 PM   #16
cpc12
macrumors member

Far enough behind..... Get your head out of your .... No one else has retina or many of the other features iPhone has.

Be gone troll
cpc12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:35 PM   #17
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Following past trends, yes it will be the same design.
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:37 PM   #18
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc12 View Post
Far enough behind..... Get your head out of your .... No one else has retina or many of the other features iPhone has.

Be gone troll
^prime example of what I was talking about in my above most.

Troll? Please, explain to me how I'm trolling. Also. In reference to your retina comment, you are correct in that no other phone has a 'retina' display as that's apples term mostly created for marketing. There are however, displays that are as good and even better than the iPhones 'retina'. Take a look at the droid DNA for example(400ppi, 1080p and superb viewing angles). I'm not here to talk about android devices though. I'm here to discuss whether or not the iPhone will keep the same design and share some of my opinions. Unfortunately, it seems as though some think I have personally attacked them.
TacticalDesire is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone