Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xtacee1990

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
Most powerful processor in the world ? What are you on ? It's just using an Adreno 320 GPU, which has been shown slower than Imagination Technologies SGX543MP4 used in iOS devices... :confused:

And the reviews I've seen don't seem to mention "sluggish".

Wait, tell me right now, are you one of those people that just don't like Android and can't discuss things objectively ? Tell me now, I don't want to get into endless, futile debates.

Sigh I hate it when people fail to read and then start to attack. I said it ports ONE OF the most powerful processors (quad core snapdragon s4), not the MOST powerful processor. Got it?
And I saw a video whereby the reviewer complained about the performance. So I did not make things up.

Last edited by a moderator:

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Your arguments are flawed and lacking in substance yet you think you're always right.

Then please provide counter facts, points with citations, sources, documentation. I look for articles, find quotes, sources, documentation, quote it, link it.

You can't just dismiss my arguments "as flawed" based on your opinion. Invest as much time in finding counter points, documenting them and supporting them with established facts, and then we can hold a discussing.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrDc2

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2013
I don't own up when there's nothing to own up to. The original sub-thread was started by a post by someone claiming Android being open was the reason for its success and we started talking about Windows being closed as a counter.

Henry came in with a claim of ecosystems (Exchange, Office, Sharepoint) to claim as the reason Windows is closed. I told him that wasn't the case, then he wants me to admit I'm wrong about... I don't even know what.

I simply pointed out to him we were discussing open/closed in the sense of Eric S. Raymond's The Cathedral and the Bazaar.

So will you own up to being wrong ? Will Henry ? :rolleyes: I'm not expecting anything, don't even know why I bothered to reply to you, I simply ignored Henry's prior delusions.

I do admit when I am wrong. I don't treat the forums like a Piers Morgan interview. It is a place for discussion. If someone points out some glaring factoid that proves my statement is wrong or my opinion is unfounded, I am definitely willing to admit it to that person ( as long as they're not acting like a pompous jerk ) . I've read over your posts as well as a few others on these forums over the last few months and while not all or even the majority of your posts are inflammatory, when you have your bad days it seems like you 're trolling others. If this isn't the case then I apologize. I know that I have my bad days and get a wild hair telling me to, " Tellz that guy he ish dumb! - Start dah flamewar! ". But just because I do, does not mean other people do the same thing on MR.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I do admit when I am wrong. I don't treat the forums like a Piers Morgan interview. It is a place for discussion. If someone points out some glaring factoid that proves my statement is wrong or my opinion is unfounded, I am definitely willing to admit it to that person ( as long as they're not acting like a pompous jerk ) . I've read over your posts as well as a few others on these forums over the last few months and while not all or even the majority of your posts are inflammatory, when you have your bad days it seems like you 're trolling others. If this isn't the case then I apologize. I know that I have my bad days and get a wild hair telling me to, " Tellz that guy he ish dumb! - Start dah flamewar! ". But just because I do, does not mean other people do the same thing on MR.

The only times I get "bad days" is when posting factual information with supporting links that takes me a while to dig up and research, only to get the facts ignored and getting replies attacking me directly rather than the argument and evidence I presented.

In this instance, Henry was pushing the buttons. If he didn't and had just admitted he just didn't grasp the concept of why systems are "open vs closed" in the topic we had (Google has a closed ecosystem for Android that most providers bake into devices, the Google Services/Apps), then it would have stopped there. I gave him information so he wouldn't pursue it.

DesertEagle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2012
/home @ 127.0.0.1
Why wouldn't they make it retina this year and sell even more, you know, to the people waiting for a Retina Mini ?[

Because they want to milk the cow first. The hype and euphoria around the non-retina mini has to settle before Apple will have any incentive to upgrade its display to retina. Think about it, the 9.7 inch iPad could have been released with retina display in March 2011 already, or even back in October 2010.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
Steve said 10 inch minimum. Steve said the iPad Mini was bad, even at 7.9 inch. Because 7.9 < 10. So what you said flies in the face of Steve's "knowledge".

Actually the most important Jobs' quote that trumps all the others is that the public don't know what they want until Apple tells them. And if I remember correctly there was NO clamouring from the unwashed masses that Apple needed to make an iPad mini.

However when the time was right Apple made one and lo and behold the public never knew how much they needed to have it until it was released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.