Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

View Poll Results: MacBook or iMac
iMac 29 72.50%
MacBook Pro 11 27.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 18, 2013, 02:46 PM   #26
AppleTecFan
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeswecanagain74 View Post
I think the best option is a New MBP and the Apple Cinema Display. Then you have a 27 in display and portability if needed.
I didnt think you read my topic haha. Its about trading my current 2012 15" MacBook Pro for a maxed out 2011 iMac 27"
__________________
Windows. Life without walls
Therefore:"If one does not have walls, one does not need windows."
MacBook Pro 15" Intel Core i7 3.3 Ghz 10GB RAM;iPhone 4 32GB;iPhone 5;HTC One 32GB
AppleTecFan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2013, 04:50 PM   #27
Suraj R.
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
I think that getting a 27" ATD to connect to your 15" MBP would be the best solution
__________________
2013 MacBook Air 13" i5/8/128
iPhone 5S Gold 32GB
Suraj R. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 02:12 AM   #28
AppleTecFan
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj R. View Post
I think that getting a 27" ATD to connect to your 15" MBP would be the best solution
Is'nt that $1000? I already have another display. I got the Offical monitor for MLG
__________________
Windows. Life without walls
Therefore:"If one does not have walls, one does not need windows."
MacBook Pro 15" Intel Core i7 3.3 Ghz 10GB RAM;iPhone 4 32GB;iPhone 5;HTC One 32GB
AppleTecFan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 02:21 AM   #29
Suraj R.
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleTecFan View Post
Is'nt that $1000? I already have another display. I got the Offical monitor for MLG
Well, if you have that monitor set up where you use your MBP/where you would use that new iMac, I would suggest just connecting the MBP to the monitor and using it as a desktop with a keyboard and mouse that way. Unless you are performing extremely graphics intensive tasks you really won't see a difference you may be upgrading to a slightly faster CPU too but the fact that you have the option to pick up your laptop off sets that.
__________________
2013 MacBook Air 13" i5/8/128
iPhone 5S Gold 32GB
Suraj R. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 02:43 AM   #30
AppleTecFan
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj R. View Post
Well, if you have that monitor set up where you use your MBP/where you would use that new iMac, I would suggest just connecting the MBP to the monitor and using it as a desktop with a keyboard and mouse that way. Unless you are performing extremely graphics intensive tasks you really won't see a difference you may be upgrading to a slightly faster CPU too but the fact that you have the option to pick up your laptop off sets that.
Yup, been doing that for a while now; I use the monitor itself to game

__________________
Windows. Life without walls
Therefore:"If one does not have walls, one does not need windows."
MacBook Pro 15" Intel Core i7 3.3 Ghz 10GB RAM;iPhone 4 32GB;iPhone 5;HTC One 32GB
AppleTecFan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 03:25 PM   #31
Suraj R.
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleTecFan View Post
Yup, been doing that for a while now; I use the monitor itself to game

Image
I'd keep that setup as is if I were you, but that's just me.

By the way I have the same Logitech Z313s!
__________________
2013 MacBook Air 13" i5/8/128
iPhone 5S Gold 32GB
Suraj R. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 03:47 PM   #32
GSPice
macrumors 68000
 
GSPice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeswecanagain74 View Post
I think the best option is a New MBP and the Apple Cinema Display. Then you have a 27 in display and portability if needed.
Bingo. I have an iMac, and I just don't want a desktop as a primary workstation. I'm getting a MBP - if I had the money I'd get a TB display but I'm keeping the iMac.
__________________
15" Haswell rMBP 2.3/16/512/750m | 24" iMac 3.06/500/4/8800 | Mac OS X 10.9.2
AEBS MC340LL/A | APC RS 800VA/XS 1000 | iPhone 5 16GB 7.1 | iPad 16GB LTE 7.1 | Apple TV 2
GSPice is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 04:05 PM   #33
AppleTecFan
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj R. View Post
I'd keep that setup as is if I were you, but that's just me.

By the way I have the same Logitech Z313s!
LOL they are pretty good, I got them on sale for $30; really room filling
__________________
Windows. Life without walls
Therefore:"If one does not have walls, one does not need windows."
MacBook Pro 15" Intel Core i7 3.3 Ghz 10GB RAM;iPhone 4 32GB;iPhone 5;HTC One 32GB
AppleTecFan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2013, 04:27 PM   #34
Suraj R.
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleTecFan View Post
LOL they are pretty good, I got them on sale for $30; really room filling
I got mine for $30 too, I really like them, they're nice and small but can go pretty loud without distorting.
__________________
2013 MacBook Air 13" i5/8/128
iPhone 5S Gold 32GB
Suraj R. is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black Friday 2013: Best Deals on the Retina MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and iMac MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 44 Dec 4, 2013 11:43 PM
Macbook Pro + Thunderbolt Display OR iMac + Macbook Air Adelphos33 MacBook Pro 11 Oct 23, 2013 08:13 PM
iMac and MacBook Air vs MacBook Pro ipodmac iMac 17 Nov 25, 2012 03:14 PM
Late-2011 MacBook Pro vs. Mac Pro vs. iMac Sawtooth811 Buying Tips and Advice 2 Jun 12, 2012 10:39 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC