Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old May 2, 2014, 02:28 AM   #451
psylence2k
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftaok View Post
I don't think Disney Digital Copies were upgrading from SD to HD prior to DisneyMoviesAnywhere. Other studios may have, but Disney wasn't.

As for other benefits of DMA, I think a big one is that prior to DMA, you had to choose which service you wanted to redeem your Disney movies with. For me, that's iTunes, but you could also choose Vudu, Amazon, Google and others. But you were limited to just one service.

With DMA, you get to choose iTunes/Vudu/Amazon/Google in addition to DMA. Here's the kicker, DMA includes iTunes, so you can redeem Disney movies with DMA, iTunes, and one of the other three (Vudu/Amazon/Google).

This is great for folks with multiple ecosystems.
Can you straight out buy Disney Movies off DMA ? and then get your Itunes/Amazon copy too ?

If so are they mostly the same price as the they would be on Itunes (around $19.99) ?

Do they have any vaulted movies available for purchase ?
psylence2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2014, 10:48 AM   #452
jlc1978
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermal View Post
Nope. At least, US and UK codes doesn't work with iTunes NZ so I doubt that they'll work.

You could create a US account, but you won't be able to use any of the "iTunes in the Cloud" features such as redownloading purchases because Apple restricts those features to one account per computer. It seems to use the computer's serial number because even reinstalling OS X doesn't unlink the account.
Not sure that is true. I have redownloaded purchase from a US and UK account without problems. I just have to switch accounts; both cannot be active at the same time.

If you have a US code just open a US iTunes account.
jlc1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2014, 05:00 PM   #453
Nermal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlc1978 View Post
Not sure that is true. I have redownloaded purchase from a US and UK account without problems. I just have to switch accounts; both cannot be active at the same time.
That's interesting; when I try to redownload something from my US account it tells me that the computer is already associated with my NZ account and that I have to wait X days before I can switch accounts. I get the same message even when booting from a different installation of OS X.
Nermal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2014, 08:51 AM   #454
jlc1978
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermal View Post
That's interesting; when I try to redownload something from my US account it tells me that the computer is already associated with my NZ account and that I have to wait X days before I can switch accounts. I get the same message even when booting from a different installation of OS X.
Hmm. I regularly switch between a US/UK and Austrian account with no issues. I wonder if others have the same issue?
jlc1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2014, 12:43 PM   #455
babens
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylence2k View Post
Can you straight out buy Disney Movies off DMA ? and then get your Itunes/Amazon copy too ?

If so are they mostly the same price as the they would be on Itunes (around $19.99) ?

Do they have any vaulted movies available for purchase ?
Looking at the app on the iPad, it has links to buy the movies in iTunes. Vaulted movies are not available for purchase, though they are added to your collection if you already own them. It also gave me a digital copy of Prince Caspian when I first signed up with the app/service, pulling the info that I owned the DVD from the Disney Movie Rewards website (at least I don't think I had a digital copy of it before, and if not it did at least upgrade it to HD).

I believe you also get bonus rewards points by buying through the iTunes links in the app.
babens is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:49 PM   #456
betman
macrumors regular

Has anything improved in terms of digital copies (non-UV) being bundled with films/shows sold via Amazon.co.uk?
betman is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater