Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nathan3089

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
I just encountered this problem. I have changed nothing on my computer and then it randomly stopped playing the videos. This happens in all browsers but some videos play fine. I have tried reinstalling flash player but that did nothing. I would like to know if any of you know how to fix this.

http://imgur.com/1smMy

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I just encountered this problem. I have changed nothing on my computer and then it randomly stopped playing the videos. This happens in all browsers but some videos play fine. I have tried reinstalling flash player but that did nothing. I would like to know if any of you know how to fix this.

Did you do a restart, does it work in another browser?

Try log into a different User Account, if not available create a new User, log into that account and try there, is it working in the new User Account, if yes there is a User conflict.

nathan3089

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Did you do a restart, does it work in another browser?

Try log into a different User Account, if not available create a new User, log into that account and try there, is it working in the new User Account, if yes there is a User conflict.

I tried restarting, making a new account, everything. Did not work

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I tried restarting, making a new account, everything. Did not work

I see, there is one more thing you could do but you need another bootable OS system if things go wrong.
There might be something conflicting inside your main Library, now, inside that Library there is at least one folder which is needed by the System, it’s the keychains folder, there might be more folders needed, caches for instance.

Now, only do this when you have an extra bootable OS X system, you could for instance make a folder named Library1 and move all folders to it except Keychains, Caches( you Can empty this one), Python, Perl, Receipts, Ruby, Security, User Pictures, Widgets and restart.
You probably have to reinstall flash again for it to work.

Again, only do this if you can boot from other partition or external OS back up.

If this all does not work I am afraid you have to reinstall OS X

anvikapur

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
It's also possible that you may be trying to view a video that has been marked as Private by its owner.

please clear your cache and cookies, by following these steps:

Open the Tools menu at the top of the Firefox window, select Clear recent history
In the Clear recent history window, select Everything from the dropdown list.
Click the arrow next to Details once, then check Cache and Cookies.
Now, click the Clear now button to clear history

or try this

Temporarily disable popup blocking software installed on your computer to test.
Allow YouTube.com as a trusted site in your Firewall software.
Ensure other applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player, or Windows Media Player aren't set as the default streaming application, as this might affect the video player.
Make sure your computer is set up properly for Flash by checking out Adobe's Advanced Troubleshooter here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.