Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:00 PM   #1
unfeomateo
macrumors member

Voicemail not showing up on iPhone 5's

My company has about a dozen iPhones and no one is getting the visual voicemail for up to 24 hours but the voicemails are there if you hold down 1 and listen to them that way.

Is this an ATT issue or would this be an account issue?
unfeomateo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:00 PM   #2
ApfelKuchen
macrumors 6502

AT&T issue. There's no separate setup/setting on the Apple side for visual voicemail - AT&T either sends the visual voicemail data, or not. On the iPhone side, once you enter your voicemail password, you're done.

Did you mean to say that the visual voice mail is appearing, but that the messages are appearing up to 24 hours later than when the voicemail was recorded? Or are there no visual voicemail messages at all? Though, either way, it's an AT&T issue.

Here's AT&T's Visual Voicemail for iPhone support page.
ApfelKuchen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:04 PM   #3
unfeomateo
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApfelKuchen View Post
AT&T issue. There's no separate setup/setting on the Apple side for visual voicemail - AT&T either sends the visual voicemail data, or not. On the iPhone side, once you enter your voicemail password, you're done.

Did you mean to say that the visual voice mail is appearing, but that the messages are appearing up to 24 hours later than when the voicemail was recorded? Or are there no visual voicemail messages at all? Though, either way, it's an AT&T issue.

Here's AT&T's Visual Voicemail for iPhone support page.
I see old VM's in the visual voice mail but new ones take a day or two to show up.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Codigi
macrumors newbie

I experienced the same issue beginning ca 36 hrs ago. After trying all the rebooting, changing password, etc procedures, I called AT&T and got the run around until a tech sup FINALLY told me it was their VV system that down all over the U.S., and that messages could only be checked using the manual method. Now, this is not like a service that is merely "convenient" - this problem has led to serious, even life threatening issues for many customers, simply because AT&T made the bad business decision to NOT send out mass text informing of the potential problem, and an ETA on repair - not a good Xmas gift! When I brought this up, they took no responsibility, merely said they would "pass on the suggestion".
Codigi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:28 PM   #5
unfeomateo
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codigi View Post
I experienced the same issue beginning ca 36 hrs ago. After trying all the rebooting, changing password, etc procedures, I called AT&T and got the run around until a tech sup FINALLY told me it was their VV system that down all over the U.S., and that messages could only be checked using the manual method. Now, this is not like a service that is merely "convenient" - this problem has led to serious, even life threatening issues for many customers, simply because AT&T made the bad business decision to NOT send out mass text informing of the potential problem, and an ETA on repair - not a good Xmas gift! When I brought this up, they took no responsibility, merely said they would "pass on the suggestion".
Thanks so much
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:19 PM   #6
sbb155
macrumors 6502

Is this still down? We bought a iphone 5, upgraded from a 4. We cannot access or even setup voicemail on the phone.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone