Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guitarfreak

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2011
Birmingham, UK
Hi all..

I've searched the forums but couldn't find much on the UK side of things.. I've been invited to an apple staffing event on Wednesday but the details are very vague..

Does anyone have any idea what sort of things I should expect?

It's an exciting opportunity so I don't want to mess it up!

Thanks all :)

nickjamesknight

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2011
Sheffield, UK
Hi all..

I've searched the forums but couldn't find much on the UK side of things.. I've been invited to an apple staffing event on Wednesday but the details are very vague..

Does anyone have any idea what sort of things I should expect?

It's an exciting opportunity so I don't want to mess it up!

Thanks all :)

I don't suppose it's in Leeds is it? I'm also going

nickjamesknight

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2011
Sheffield, UK
Nah I'm at the Birmingham one but the emails are very vague arnt they? Doesn't state if we need to prepare or anything.

Yeah they are. Mine just really says to check in 15 minutes before your allotted two hour slot and to dress smart casual. I think i'm going to take a few things along such as passport etc just incase they need it.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
I've been to two, but had to sign a non disclosure agreement I'm afraid.

Lets just say its all very 'twee corporate' and team based.

Have a good think for reason you are an 'apple fanboi' and how to show that you will never question the apple ethics, practices and tactics. You wont need prep beyond that.

All bloody good reasons why I decided that maybe apple wasnt the employer for me. Also if you're hoping to walk straight into a genius post, then as far as i can tell scrub that idea, as far as i can understand it simply doesnt happen that way.... its seems to be they're a good employer as long as you do exactly as your told, and dont offer any advice that isn't apple advice. But they've got some very good ideas about mobility in the company.

You'll know after that session whether you're an apple person or not.

Last edited:

Guitarfreak

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2011
Birmingham, UK
Thanks for the advice.. I was actually hoping to go straight into a genius role because that's all I applied for.

I'm currently an O2 guru so I think any of the others would be a step down?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.