Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:04 PM   #1
TheDrizzle-0
macrumors member

Im getting grayed out audio. No Sound :(

hey guys I just recently did a clean reinstall of Lion and I just got my Swan M10 speakers today. My problem is that I connected the speakers to my late 2008 alum. macbook and im not getting any audio! I tried the "sudo killall coreaudiod" in terminal and no go. There was another post on macrumors some where to mess with the Audio MIDI Setup and change the output to something like 32-bit but mines only goes to 24-bit integer. Can anybody help? Kinda bummed that this would happen when I get the M10's
TheDrizzle-0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:12 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba

Check System Preferences > Sound > Output or OPTION/Alt click the sound/volume icon in the Menu Bar and tell us, what is listed as Output Device.

simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:14 PM   #3
TheDrizzle-0
macrumors member

when I do that it says its on Digital Output and thats the only option I get
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:19 PM   #4
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle-0 View Post
when I do that it says its on Digital Output and thats the only option I get
Remove the 3.5 mm plug you use to connect the speakers to the Mac from the Mac's audio out port, and see, if there is a red light. If so, repeatedly plug and unplug the 3.5 mm connector until the light goes away, as the red light is the indicator of the digital, optical audio out being enabled, and sometimes it just gets stuck.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:46 PM   #5
TheDrizzle-0
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
Remove the 3.5 mm plug you use to connect the speakers to the Mac from the Mac's audio out port, and see, if there is a red light. If so, repeatedly plug and unplug the 3.5 mm connector until the light goes away, as the red light is the indicator of the digital, optical audio out being enabled, and sometimes it just gets stuck.
ok I mustve unplugged and replugged the 3.5 mm plug a hundred times and its still not working

----------

IDK if this helps but when I plug my iphone the 2 speakers a sub woofer all put out music when I put the speakers in through my macbook only 2 speakers ouput music

the red light is on right now but I still get now audio

Last edited by TheDrizzle-0; Jan 5, 2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 05:04 AM   #6
TheDrizzle-0
macrumors member

took it to the apple store and they said I have to get the logic board replaced :S
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:11 PM   #7
imm22
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
That worked for me
Old Feb 27, 2013, 02:52 AM   #8
bwhli
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle-0 View Post
took it to the apple store and they said I have to get the logic board replaced :S
Weird! This exact thing happened to my friend today. He also has to get his logic board replaced.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio