Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vini-vidi-vici

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2010
If iTunes is "resident" on the iPad, I wonder if there would be some way to sync an iPod touch to the iPad? I have a touch, and will likely get an iPad. I'd prefer to just bypass the whole "computer thing" if possible (though, it'd still be good for backup). Any thoughts on how something like this might work? If they could do this via bluetooth, that'd be perfect.

For example, I subscribe to a number of podcasts. The iTunes on my iPad will always go out an fetch the latest ones. I'd like to get those over to my iPod touch as that'll be the primary way I'll listen to them. I can always use the "get more" button on the touch, but that's kind of cumbersome.

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
The iTunes on the iPad is just the iTunes store, not the full desktop app. There's still a separate iPod app for music/video playback.

So no, you won't be able to sync ipad to ipod.

GidbinN

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2009
Northrend
well, not like it will be impossible to run the full iTunes on iPad

but so far iPad only runs iPhone OS, i think it's hard to sync with another mobile device.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
If iTunes is "resident" on the iPad, I wonder if there would be some way to sync an iPod touch to the iPad? I have a touch, and will likely get an iPad. I'd prefer to just bypass the whole "computer thing" if possible (though, it'd still be good for backup). Any thoughts on how something like this might work? If they could do this via bluetooth, that'd be perfect.

For example, I subscribe to a number of podcasts. The iTunes on my iPad will always go out an fetch the latest ones. I'd like to get those over to my iPod touch as that'll be the primary way I'll listen to them. I can always use the "get more" button on the touch, but that's kind of cumbersome.

No more than you can sync an iphone to an ipod touch. itunes is NOT resident on the ipad fyi.

Gymgenius

Suspended
Jan 29, 2010
I plan only to use a laptop with iTunes to initialise my iPad. Following that, I will sync rarely, as the main use I can see will be book reading, web surfing and a using a few apps and games - which I can download directly onto the device.

mtnDewFTW

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Well, both of them are mobile devices.. so it's very unlikely that you could sync them up without a computer. I mean, you can sync it up with iTunes, but I don't see the point of syncing with your iPod

japangina

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2010
surely a solution somewhere?

It's apparently seeming ridiculous to some responders, but this is a valid question.

In my case, I live overseas and will be Stateside in a month. I really don't want order an iPad & pay to ship it, only to turn around and take it to the States with me if I can help it just to synch iTunes. The iPod is going along as well.

If I were to buy my iPad at an Apple Store, would there be someway (either through my iTunes account, mobile me, idisk, or anything) that I could get my iTunes content on the iPad? It seems crazy to risk and pay for shipping over here for that.

Please advise soonest as I'll need to order quite quickly if I need to have it here first....waiting until it's released in Japan isn't really the best option (may 28th) because if there's a glitch I'm sunk. Also, buying in Japan...I don't know if my core language or whatever would be Japanese, and the price differential is something to consider as well.

Thanks so much.

AndrevJ

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2012
Any new info?

Now with iPhone 4S and iOS 5 out, is there still no way that an iPod can be sync'ed with an iPad?

Enlisans

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2012
It's apparently seeming ridiculous to some responders, but this is a valid question.

In my case, I live overseas and will be Stateside in a month. I really don't want order an iPad & pay to ship it, only to turn around and take it to the States with me if I can help it just to synch iTunes. The iPod is going along as well.

If I were to buy my iPad at an Apple Store, would there be someway (either through my iTunes account, mobile me, idisk, or anything) that I could get my iTunes content on the iPad? It seems crazy to risk and pay for shipping over here for that.

Please advise soonest as I'll need to order quite quickly if I need to have it here first....waiting until it's released in Japan isn't really the best option (may 28th) because if there's a glitch I'm sunk. Also, buying in Japan...I don't know if my core language or whatever would be Japanese, and the price differential is something to consider as well.

Thanks so much.
iPad 2 Keyboard iPad 2 Smart Cover

apple4kim

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2012
wild wild west

iCloud?

adddictedtomac

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2012

You can share files, photos, movies etc with all your devices. I found this cloud storage CX.com that gives you FREE 10GB to start with.

Here is a brief video that I made:

http://youtu.be/r_pCfwKSnIE

Hope it helps.

KidSqueek

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2012
Let's say I have an iPod Nano, I can't manage it (back up, transfer songs and pics onto it) with an iPad? Even with iOS 5 is suppose to take the iDevices into a "post pc era"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.