Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

serkan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California
Hey all ;

When I login to the Apple Store it says that the Iphone 5 is now avaible to send as gift.And then I thought it is nice so that if you can send as a gift it means it is unlocked.But NOOO. How it is possible to send as a gift it is not unlocked ? WHY ? You pay the 2 year contract and gift it ? Am I wrong or there is a point am I right in here ?

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Hey all ;

When I login to the Apple Store it says that the Iphone 5 is now avaible to send as gift.And then I thought it is nice so that if you can send as a gift it means it is unlocked.But NOOO. How it is possible to send as a gift it is not unlocked ? WHY ? You pay the 2 year contract and gift it ? Am I wrong or there is a point am I right in here ?

So what you're saying is, you want an unlocked iPhone 5 for $200. When you're supposed to pay full retail price for it. Obviously you buy it for the carrier the person you're gifting it has and they activate it themselves. Yes you're wrong.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So what you're saying is, you want an unlocked iPhone 5 for $200. When you're supposed to pay full retail price for it. Obviously you buy it for the carrier the person you're gifting it has and they activate it themselves. Yes you're wrong.

I think the OP wants to purchase it unlocked at full price and gift it. I think you've misunderstood thinking they want to pay $200 for the unlocked. Sounds like a reasonable issue but I'm sure there's a way to accomplish it, OP. Maybe give the apple store a call

serkan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2012
Menlo Park,California

No.You go online and buy the ıphone for 200 a month and you have to pay to the carrier and make a data plan right or else you cant buy it online.So you make a data plan and pay it monthly.after you have do that how can you give as a present ? with the plan ? I meant that when I saw the gift wrap around it I thought it was the Iphone that they are selling now unlocked.I did not say I want it for 200.

----------

I think the OP wants to purchase it unlocked at full price and gift it. I think you've misunderstood thinking they want to pay $200 for the unlocked. Sounds like a reasonable issue but I'm sure there's a way to accomplish it, OP. Maybe give the apple store a call

Thanx for understanding me right :)

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
No.You go online and buy the ıphone for 200 a month and you have to pay to the carrier and make a data plan right or else you cant buy it online.So you make a data plan and pay it monthly.after you have do that how can you give as a present ? with the plan ? I meant that when I saw the gift wrap around it I thought it was the Iphone that they are selling now unlocked.I did not say I want it for 200.

----------

Thanx for understanding me right :)

full price iPhones are unlocked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.