Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2011
Why did they move the headphone jack to the bottom left?

Now it's right where my pinky rests and it is constantly chafing it. I have seen several others mention this issue on here.

It would seem that the best location would be up top where it was for in pocket use.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Yet you mentioned it again.

Is more natural when you're listening to music with headphones on and you put your phone in your pocket. When you go to take it out, the phone is straight instead of upside down.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2011
Yet you mentioned it again.

Is more natural when you're listening to music with headphones on and you put your phone in your pocket. When you go to take it out, the phone is straight instead of upside down.

I meant I have seen others mention the chafing, not the placement or reason for it, in other threads casually, I have not seen any threads or posts address my question.

That is a fairly reasonable explanation, however. I still wish it was on top though.

rrm74001

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
I meant I have seen others mention the chafing, not the placement or reason for it, in other threads casually, I have not seen any threads or posts address my question.

That is a fairly reasonable explanation, however. I still wish it was on top though.

If Apple designed it your way, then someone else would complain that they did not design it the way they want it. They can't please everyone.

BeK

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
I use Bluetooth headphones so that this is NEVER a issue for me.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Non issue for me...

I use Bluetooth headphones.

Quick Draw from your pocket, think about it.

Original iPhone the headphone jack was on top. Pull it out of your pocket with one hand and the phone is upside down.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
That's what he's saying

Yep. And he's right. Also, the headphone jack has been on the bottom for three years now, kind of late to the game in bringing this up. I'm sure there were discussions about it three years ago you could reference.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2011
Yep. And he's right. Also, the headphone jack has been on the bottom for three years now, kind of late to the game in bringing this up. I'm sure there were discussions about it three years ago you could reference.
You mean two years? Its on the top on my 4S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.